• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

WTB - 20/32 amp Screw Connectors

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gava

I do rather like beer.....
Reaction score
Do they have to be 3 phase? HPM do a 32amp plug & socket similar to domestic 10amp. Although it's still around $80 total for the 2 pieces..

Nar, single phase... they'll be driving 4800watt elements though.
EDIT: If anyone has another idea, I just need to be able to quick disconnect so I can take the pots off and clean if I need to.. I do have quick disconnect tri-clover elements fittings but don't really want to remove them, rather a quick disconnect power cable.

I'm thinking I'm going to have to hardwire to control panel until I can afford it.

-gav

djar007 said:
Fourty bucks. I will ask the sparkies at work for you mate . How many you chasing?
just two sets.

Could you get away with a 3-pin 25A plug and socket like these?

I'm looking at making up a little distribution board with 2 x 25A supplies (overkill, I know, but like the option of having 2 x 4.8-6kW elements if I decide to upgrade my system for bigger batches) for the brew dungeon when we move into our next place and was looking at these, paired with a DPDT switch for each supply.

sponge said:
Could you get away with a 3-pin 25A plug and socket like these?

I'm looking at making up a little distribution board with 2 x 25A supplies (overkill, I know, but like the option of having 2 x 4.8-6kW elements if I decide to upgrade my system for bigger batches) for the brew dungeon when we move into our next place and was looking at these, paired with a DPDT switch for each supply.
Mine will be mounted behind the pots and I like the idea of them at least being splash proof..

If you can chassis mount the sockets these Powercon Connectors are great (and compact too)

Chassis Sockets

Plugs

The sockets are not screw terminal but either solder or decent quality spade connectors will do the trick :)

Edit: I updated the link for the plug to the correct type.

I hadn't seen those PowerCon connectors before and may end up being used in my build.

Cheers DC

They're only rated to 15A so only good for 3.6kW.

Definitely a nice weatherproof option though.

Doogiechap said:
If you can chassis mount the sockets these Powercon Connectors are great (and compact too)

Chassis Sockets

Plugs

The sockets are not screw terminal but either solder or decent quality spade connectors will do the trick :)

Edit: I updated the link for the plug to the correct type.
They're great looking... might have to get a couple just to have a look at them.
-gav

only thing i see is the blue ones don't have a IP rating the yellow ones are IP67

-gav

Back