• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

MELB: plate chiller, bottles, crates, hops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manticle

Standing up for the Aussie Bottler
Reaction score
I have a 30 plate chiller which I have never used. Had it for two years, still in box.

I'd like to sell it to someone who can use it. Same as this one: http://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=3949 $100 ONO.

I also have some sturdy plastic crates (around 5) and 2 slabs coopers longnecks to give away free. First PM.

Also some large bags of hops (~ 5kg) which are ex-Temple. I picked up about 500kg from there to distribute among Melbourne Brewers. Most have been given away but there's still just over 20 kg sitting on my garage floor.

Mostly Willamette, some PoR and some German select. Catch is that they are in 5 kg foil bags so you really want to have a vac sealer or someone to share with. I've got plenty of hops in my fridge and these are surplus. Not sure I can get them out to next MB meeting so they are free for anyone. They were in Temple coolroom up until February - I simply don't have room to refrigerate them so they come as they are. I'll have to get rid of them soon one way or the other so it will be bin if no-one wants them. Free.

I have a refractometer for sale as well - (hardly used, still in case - RSG ATC). Like this one: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RSG-100ATC-0-32-Refractometer-Brix-Beer-Sugar-Wine-Wort-SG-Black-rubber-strip-/140951865841?pt=AU_B_I_Electrical_Test_Equipment&hash=item20d162c9f1&_uhb=1 but god knows where they got that price from. Most on ebay seem to be much better. I paid around $35 plus postage from memory. $20

1 x 15 L glass demijohn with silicon bung (comes in plastic carry basket so easily transported) - $32 new from Grain and Grape. This one is used (mainly sour/funk beers but they clean and sanitise fine for non funks) - $15

Prefer pick up only, Fairfield Vic.

damn.. shoulda brewed something at case swap to use all those hops lol

It was a feeding frenzy at the last MB meeting... lol

DSC_0273.JPG

I'd love to take some of that Willamette off ya hands!

I can also (finally) return your metal spoon when I pick them up

When is a good time to pick them up?

Weeknights or weekends. Some weeknights I am home late from either gym or futsal training so PM and we'll sort it out.

Otherwise during the wwekday from North melbourne.

I've been looking for a refractometer - I'll send you a PM. I might also grab one of those bags of hops, I know a few people who'd be interested in getting their hands on some. Cheers!

Maybe share the hoppy love with the newly formed Merri Mashers ( or whatever they decided to call themselves) One of those guys must be out your way.

It would be a great way to share them around a lot of brewers.

It was big hit at the MB meeting. As per Yobs photo - it was like a flock of seagulls on a bucket of hot chips.

Maybe share the hoppy love with the newly formed Merri Mashers ( or whatever they decided to call themselves) One of those guys must be out your way.

It was big hit at the MB meeting. As per Yobs photo - it was like a flock of seagulls on a bucket of hot chips.
Technobabble is a member of Merri Mashers and I gave him a couple of boxes to distribute last Saturday.

Refractometer gone pending payment.
Wilamette possibly gone - reserved some for Breakbeer, brewinnewbie and MartinOC.

Nobody interested in free sturdy plastic crates that look remarkably like milk crates or coopers longnecks?

GrumpyPaul said:

Already done.
Manticle v generously gave me 2 large lots (maybe 5kg each) of POR & GR Select, to be split at the next Merri Mashers meeting.
I'm just about to post on the MM thread.
Hopefully a few vac sealers & bags can be brought along, or we can just split into whatever, and people can vac seal at home.

@Manticle: FWIW, if i can coordinate it with 1-2 others maybe, i'd be keen to grab 100+g of Williamette also, i just wasn't keen to open a 5kg bag for a piddly 100g on saturday. No biggie if it doesn't work out, but i've got a decent recipe that uses WIlliamette so i could actually make use of it.

Edit: that sneaky man beat me to the punch!

I might be keen on a few more longnecks or crates. But if anyone else is in need i'll let them go first, as i grabbed a few boxes not long ago.

Will post if no-one local wants to grab it by the end of today.
Your postage costs of course.

I'll happily take some PoR or other hops off your hands. I've got a vac sealer and happy to split and share with others.

Will send you a PM manticle.

Ok guys - I think hops are pretty much done. I'll assess tonight and if there's anything left, I'll repost.

Guys who are grabbing 5 kg lots and are happy to split them up - maybe post here in a list format and people can copy and paste themselves in

eg:

1. Brewer X (5 kg PoR split into 500g lots): username a, username b, username c etc.

If you're happy to keep 5 kg, don't feel obliged.

Cool, I've got a vac sealer too so happy to share, but if they are all spoken for I'd be keen to grab a little bit from anyone willing to share :beer:

Definites for hops:

Martin OC
BreakBeer
Brewnnewbie

reserves (but extremely likely)

DJ Lethal (happy to split with matteus)
Spork
Technobabble (only wants a touch of willamette from someone who's splitting).

Back