• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

MELB: plate chiller, bottles, crates, hops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the AA% known for the goldings plugs?
As Manticle mentioned, there were no markings on the bag I got, but they certainly didn't look or smell "fresh". I'd be wary of using them as bittering anyway. Try them as aroma in a small batch & see what you get (that's my plan, anyway).

Both the Willamette & POR are Australian-grown, both are 2011-crop. Both were obviously "tired" & there's no indication of how they were stored, but the boxes themselves had obvious water-damage & smelled musty. The POR were definitely better.

The Willamette were listed on the box @ 7.3% & the POR were listed @ 8.7%, but I'd be inclined to take 2-3% AA off those figures if you intend using them for bittering (I'm being kinda optimistic at those guesses, but make your own judgements).

Might do an ESB with the Willamette and an aussie megaswill ale with the por.
Taking manticles suggestion of an altbier for the spalt and the goldings might be destined for some experiments?

Sorry christmasbender -all gone.
Rob P - won't be home till later tomorrow. Have you got my ph. number?

Maybe even a mg high tale ale with the por, actually

They turned up on my doorstep this morning
Thanks again heaps Manticle for the free hops and to MartinOC for the postage, it's VERY much appreciated
Time to brew a bunch of Aussie megaswill lagers for my swill drinking mates
Might give the goldings plugs a go as aroma in a British Mild

I have a shitload of Willamette if anyone is keen for it?

Pick up from Cockatoo (preferred) or pay the postage

Hopwise - nothing from me.
Got some more coopers bottles though.
Need to go back through PMs and see who was first in line.

Pick up is from fairfield. I'm happy to PM my address and you can grab them from the front of my garage at leisure. The original boxes have been in the rain so you would be well advised to bring some spare to transfer. Happy for you to chuck the surplus cardboard in my recycling.

Latest posts

Back