BIAB beginner - need advice!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
contrarian said:
Here's an idea for a cheaper false bottom that will keep the bag off the element

http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/62914-cheap-biab-bag-rest/

If you are raising the temp with the bag in you always need to be stirring while you do it, unless you want to run a pump for recirculation.

Good call on the pot size. You won't regret it!
The pizza tray false bottom looks like a winner! .If the diameter of the pot is around 45 cm but I can only get a pizza tray around 35 cm would it still be right? I've thought about recirculating but want to keep it simple as simple as possible to start with.

If the element is covered by the tray ,no probs.

I actually got the 70L pot and the copper element you linked from Craftbrewer in your OP for my BIAB setup.

It seems to work fine but I don't exactly get a vigorous boil I'm afraid.

When it comes to protecting the bag from the element while the element is on, I spoke to Ross about it initially and he mentioned that it's probably unlikely that the element would get hot enough to melt the bag when it's in liquid. But just to make sure, I make do by pegging the bag to the other side of the pot if I need to turn the element on.

Latest posts

Back