Williamswarn Personal Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ducatiboy stu said:
Bit like buying a Ferrari then telling everyone else they dont know how to drive.
So true!!! In my opinion, alot of the really experienced brewers who make consistently great beer got there by starting from the ground up and perfecting the process over time. To see what works and what doesn't work.

What about one day when something on the Williamswank breaks down, malfunctions etc? I'm pretty sure it's not like NRMA where you can call up and get someone to look at your car or holla for a marshall. Most the brewers using rims, herms, biab etc have built their rigs from SCRATCH and hence learnt all the bits and pieces, learnt from past mistakes and can usually tell if something goes wrong on brew day or fix a problem in the process.

You can be filthy rich and afford a $7,000 machine but at the end of the day you still can't buy knowledge or experience. So i totally agree with Stu about having something expensive and then brown nosing everyone else with this 'assumed superiority'

To keep this in perspective though, and trying not to sound like a fanboy here - '1 Post Jimbo' made clearly ridiculous statements that no brewer in their right mind would even bother replying to.

Josh - to answer your question as to what happens when the WW breaks down - What do you do if your fridge breaks down? Fix it yourself?. There isn't a shitload of funky electronics running these things - an Omron Temp Controller - A very small fridge set - a glycol tank and a recirc pump.

This is a FERMENTER. It makes K&K beer with no need for a RIMS/HERMS system if thats your preference. It ferments Wort - makes beer. The end.

One person on this site has taken the stupid high ground and you guys are feeding the troll. FFS.

RM

roger mellie said:
to answer your question as to what happens when the WW breaks down - What do you do if your fridge breaks down? Fix it yourself?.
I do...

roger mellie said:
This is a FERMENTER.
Bing! A super duper shiny fermenter with a tap on it, which is priced well above what most home brewers can afford (or want to pay for something which has nothing to do with wort production).

The target market is people with cash to burn who want something akin to a stainless steel automatic bread machine which some people have in their kitchens (just tip in some flour yeast and water and.. hey look honey.. I'm a baker! I dun gone made some bread!)

Yes, home brewers such as yourself will be able to use it and get the most out of the machine, we're/I'm very happy for you (and a touch jealous of the bling), but the designer has a shit attitude towards beer, comes across as a bit of a cock, and so do a few of the WW cheer squad who have posted on the forum.

Lets keep this thread going, trolls are fun, it is the internet after all.

Good for you Spork - most of the rest of us we don't have access to R134a nor the gauge set required to regas a fridge set. If you can find the leak!

I think this thread has passed its use by date - but as a parting shot.

I have read this site on and off since 2006 - and have seen a thing called the Braumeister appear during that time. The first comments passed from memory were along the lines of ' F*cking expensive Urn' and 'F*cked if I am paying ~3K for a kettle' - off went many people and made their own version.

Hasn't stopped a lot of people buying one though.

RM

roger mellie said:
Good for you Spork - most of the rest of us we don't have access to R134a nor the gauge set required to regas a fridge set. If you can find the leak!

I think this thread has passed its use by date - but as a parting shot.

I have read this site on and off since 2006 - and have seen a thing called the Braumeister appear during that time. The first comments passed from memory were along the lines of ' F*cking expensive Urn' and 'F*cked if I am paying ~3K for a kettle' - off went many people and made their own version.

Hasn't stopped a lot of people buying one though.

RM
Relax mate, it was just an innocent dig
Sorry if it offended

The WW site offers a pretty good warranty on the units sold in NZ. 60 months from memory.

Just sayin.

Dont recall any braumeister users going on about how they became the worlds best brewer and anyonw who didnt have one was a shit brewer.

The damage has been done within the first page and the fanboys sure arnt helping to turn it around.It may well make good beer, and it would want to for the $$$......but to outright say it makes better beer is a big call, and frankly those that claim that deserve all that they get. If they started by saying that it makes good beer easly there would be no arguments...

good beer, better beer? It comes down to method and this method was not invented by WW, as far as I'm concerned purchasing this kit means you've got the cash to be too lazy to piece the equipment together yourself. I did the numbers over the last few weeks and to setup a pressure conical with all the doodads and programed temp control delivered to my door will come well under $2500. (that's 20gal too) The equipment is available, this thread is like paying the $7000 for a Brew Magic to be imported and saying it produces superior wort. Pressure conicals aren't easy to come by but they are available, and whilst pressure fermenting is in it's infancy in the homebrewing arena, I believe it will come to the fore over the next 5-10 years. I don't believe we'll all be buying WW's though.

MB

Don't most of us start Home Brewing to make cheap beer? I mean, most go on to find expensive ways to make cheap beer, but the initial intention is to make cheap beer.

This kind of perplexes me - why spend $7k, when you're not going to recoup it for a very long time (why not go out and buy a kegging system, kegerator and have the things filled at Bru4U - it's cheaper and easier).

Those that spend $7k after they start making cheap beer have an entirely different reason (perfecting the craft, creative outlet for either building or brewing or both), but that reason isn't applicable to going and outlaying $7k on a machine that kind of takes away the creative aspect of it.

At least the BM is half the price and still requires considerable creative input from the brewer, at least on the ingredients/beer side of things.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Dont recall any braumeister users going on about how they became the worlds best brewer and anyonw who didnt have one was a shit brewer.

The damage has been done within the first page and the fanboys sure arnt helping to turn it around.It may well make good beer, and it would want to for the $$$......but to outright say it makes better beer is a big call, and frankly those that claim that deserve all that they get. If they started by saying that it makes good beer easly there would be no arguments...
Don't worry about it Stu, you probably can't afford one anyway.

Can everyone please stop carrying on about the ******* price!

We all know they're expensive, get over it!

Guys I think your missing the point this ain't no one trick pony http://www.williamswarn.com/Other-Uses see You can make cold, carbonated water in this machine as well.

But seriously the idea yes its good and it's got me thinking about how I can achieve the same outcome for way less coin, which I will do with 50 L kegs converted to conicals in a cool room made from a couple of chest freezers on top of one another, then attach a fitting to connect to a keg to pump her over via CO2, might not look as wanky but will achieve the same result, I reckon for $2k I'll have about 400L fermenting space at least so cheers for the idea Mr WW, not going to run short I tell you.

it's a shame the guys who designed it are a complete pack of arrogant wankers really as they have kind of shot themsleves in the foot with home brewers

spudfarmerboy said:
Don't worry about it Stu, you probably can't afford one anyway.
Well....you dont know that... And those type of comments only go to harm the cause of the WW...would you care to expand on your point...?

My brain has some ideas ticking over about how to make something that would do the same job....

That office water cooler could be put to very good use..I am a think outside the box kinda guy...

Ducatiboy stu said:
Well....you dont know that... And those type of comments only go to harm the cause of the WW...would you care to expand on your point...?
You're right Stu, I don't know that.
But, you've posted on here that you have gone through a marriage bust up, you've been made redundant in your job and you're on the dole.
I'm guessing most people who have gone through those hardships in life probably haven't got $7000 to spend on homebrewing equipment.

Or would want to.

Latest posts

Back