Williamswarn Personal Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, another thread was set up for that. This is the bitching/trolling/chatting thread. Change your notification settings.

MastersBrewery said:
Linux Apache Mysql PHP .... another IT guru go figure
I wonder if the WW is Windows based......but im guessing more Mac......all shiny and overpriced.

zappa said:
Why pay 7k for a WW when you can have the cheap knock-off for around 200 shipped?

http://www.homebrewing.org/OneDerBrew-Deluxe-System-Black_p_3042.html

Seem to be available at multiple places, including Amazon... Very cheap for a pressurised conical.
Go to the referenced web site and they state "no longer stock this item!!"

And from the comments section on the Amazon sight for this product.
I Would Not Recommend This Product. Seals Leak. Lost An Entire Batch Of Beer. Tried Twice. Same Results. Not A Quality Product For The Price. Piece Of Junk. Seller Does Not Stand Behind Product. Seller Said To Find And Contact Manufacturer...And Let Him (The Seller) Know What Happens. Seriously? Run The Other Direction, Don't Even Consider This one.

So I guess you get what you pay for

Cheers

Wobbly

Oh yes, the 1 star review below the two 5 star reviews. There's still some left on Amazon, BTW.

It is just a plastic bucket clamped to a cone with some legs, dispensing valve and a thermostat.

Highlighted this to show how easy it could be to build a DIY pressurised fermenting vessel along the lines of a WW without having to spend your house deposit. You're right though. I have no doubt it wouldn't be as good as the WW.

There's some other reviews out there of this system, including one from Chicago Beer Geeks. It's not all bad.

malted (long time member) here did get one of these, not sure if he still uses it though

More bullshit from the makers of WW

ww.jpg

No, that's a really good ad.
I for one had my man-hood taken away.
I was born when circumcision was the done thing.
Now I can reclaim the Hood!

From the ww facebook page:

Hi. We tested the waters today with a Facebook post of what we thought might be a humorous advert for use in the future. Not done by a marketing company, just us brewers in the office in a few minutes. We found out it was actually humorless. The concept was to challenge men to find the he-man within and buy a brewery. We wanted feedback on the content from social media as we'd done that before and had great results from people. But this time we got it very clearly via twitter that the angle in the ad was way out of line. We took it down after about 5 minutes once we saw the feedback. It came across very sexist, old school, and done before by breweries that want to provoke. We feel very bad at the outrage we ended up provoking and we sincerely apologies to anyone that took offense. We were trying to challenge men rather than offend anyone. It has been a very valuable lesson. We found out that the company that we are, which is based on something very real and special, being the worlds first brewing appliance, doesn't need to provoke. The product we offer is a classy product and any adverts we do in the future needs to remember and reflect that. Thanks to all who bothered to feedback. We got it. Cheers. Ian Williams.

Back