Williamswarn Personal Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How
To
Make a
Shit
Advertisement

1. Emasculate your male dominated audience.
2. Fail one of the fundamentals of sales, closing too early.
3. Use far too many commas.

They should've just stuck with the tried and true method of advertising. Hot chick with big tits leaning on said equipment. Simple and straight to the point.
Nothing sexist, of course.

The apology;
-Go and find your testicles Ian.
- Tell her you thought it was funny at the time. Soft cock.

You Ian, just showed the first sign of a business failing to live up to expectations. Why were they having a crack at doing the marketing?

" The reality is that, moving forward and utilising the current market indicators, we have no idea why the KPI's are so low".

The product was good, but you alienated yourself from the punter and priced yourself out of the game. It's the reason most businesses fail.

wobbly said:
So I guess you get what you pay for

Cheers

Wobbly
out of general curiosity Ian Wobbly.. have you entered any of your WW beers into any comps?

BTW, the quality of beer produced is not related to how much you pay for a system...

just sayin..

I can buy a lot of grain,eskies,$20 stockpots,gas etc for $5k. Even if it takes me 20 brews to get it right...I am still going to be way in front...

Be interesting to see how AG brews are going in it.

Yob said:
BTW, the quality of beer produced is not related to how much you pay for a system...

just sayin..
Look at Lion & CUB.....they have spent hundreds of millions....and most of there beer is shit.

This reminds of people who say I have found this microcontroller look what it has the potential to do. look look yes I know it is called arduino. Fermenting with pressure and spunding is not new.
Trying to explain and justify something to someone that they already know makes you an idiot.

Yob said:
out of general curiosity Ian Wobbly.. have you entered any of your WW beers into any comps?

just sayin..
Yob (and others) - No I haven't submitted any of my beer fermented in the WW into a competition

However I have entered some of my pre WW beers into an open competition and achieved both a first place for style and also best in show award for the same beer so I know the bench mark and I'm satisfied with my current beers and don't need reinforcement.

And in regard to your second point about the quality of beer not being related to how much you pay for a system - I disagree as they say "you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear!!!"

I'm sure you and others agree that the quality of your beer can/will improve if you use better than average equipment and processes otherwise why would home brewers be continually upgrading their equipment from plastic and aluminium to stainless steel and conical fermenters etc.

Just sayin!!!!

Cheers

Wobbly

Because some brewers think bling makes better beer.

Some of the best beers I have had, made by other brewers,where made in nothing more than willow eskies, old stock pot for a kettle and a plastic fermenter.

Bling can make life easier, but it wont make your beer better.

And I have had beers made with BM, 3v detups with pumps and shiny stuff....and they where no better.

wobbly said:
And in regard to your second point about the quality of beer not being related to how much you pay for a system - I disagree as they say "you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear!!!"
Way to make your point using a False Analogy...

lukiferj said:
More bullshit from the makers of WW
Can't be any worse an ad than receiving a beer through the back of a fridge from Lionel Ritchie..........

wobbly said:
as they say "you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear!!!"
But you can make fantastic beer with an old esky,stock pot & plastic fermenter.....

pcmfisher said:
Can't be any worse an ad than receiving a beer through the back of a fridge from Lionel Ritchie..........
I disagree. It's a shit beer but the ads weren't too bad.

wobbly said:
Yob (and others) - No I haven't submitted any of my beer fermented in the WW into a competition

However I have entered some of my pre WW beers into an open competition and achieved both a first place for style and also best in show award for the same beer so I know the bench mark and I'm satisfied with my current beers and don't need reinforcement.

I'm sure you and others agree that the quality of your beer can/will improve if you use better than average equipment and processes otherwise why would home brewers be continually upgrading their equipment from plastic and aluminium to stainless steel and conical fermenters etc.

Just sayin!!!!

Cheers

Wobbly
Here you say your beer won awards.

Earlier (another thread) you'd mentioned you couldn't quite nail down a good beer, something was missing till you used a williamswank.

So, are you trying to tell us your award winning beers were a bit meh?

At least he doesnt need reinforcement on how good his WW beers are against his pre WW show winning beers.

practicalfool said:
Here you say your beer won awards.

Earlier (another thread) you'd mentioned you couldn't quite nail down a good beer, something was missing till you used a williamswank.

So, are you trying to tell us your award winning beers were a bit meh?
Winning a first place in a comp doesn't automatically mean the beer is great, it just means the beer was better than the other competing ones.
If there are three beers competing in a class and one of them is shit, and the other two are really shit than the shit one gets a first place.

I'm sure at least one of my beers that got a first place was a bit meh or even worse, that's why it sometimes makes me smile when people boast on here with their placings.

If you win gold by BJCP standards, well that's a different story, but a first place really doesn't necessarily have to mean all that much.

So in summary, quite possible that Wobbly got a first place but wasn't really happy with the beer.

You should have come to the local Grafton Show Society beer judging.

It was a case of,at least in Cl1, the lesser of the bad beers...

Back