Why's Your Brewery Named What It Is?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't got a brewery name yet but I do love the ferals name and the rational behind it.

I would like to make a morning wheat beer called wise and shine :)

I wanted Barossa BrewHaus - as we live in the Barossa Valley...
But it was too close to pub that does not brew in Angaston.

My family and I were driving past this hotel. Thought we would find an authentic German Brauhaus. On entering, we saw it was full of bikies and poker machines.

DSC00023Small.jpg

Sorry for the hijack.

Daniel

I wanted Barossa BrewHaus - as we live in the Barossa Valley...
But it was too close to pub that does not brew in Angaston.

My family and I were driving past this hotel. Thought we would find an authentic German Brauhaus. On entering, we saw it was full of bikies and poker machines.

DSC00023Small.jpg

Sorry for the hijack.

Daniel

Should have visited the butcher across the road for some beautiful wurst and black pudding

Val Alorn Brewery.

After the mighty Ale drinking, seafaring, warrior race of the Belgariad and Malloraen fame.

I've decided on "The Juncthouse" or "The Junctyard" for the new brewery and its address... Obviously a play on both Junkyard and Adjuncts of which I tend to use a bit of in some of my beers...

Asher for now

I mostly brew later in the day, so the Midnight Brewery it is.

Brewery name: Drunken Peasants Brewery
Slogan/catchline: "She'll be right with a Drunken Peasant"

Why? - no idea. This is from back in 1994 when I first started brewing and its kinda lingered.
Cheers
Steve

Mine is Rosscrowther Brauhaus. A combination of mine and my wife's surnames.
We found a little village in Wales with the same name (but different spelling) and it stuck.

I don't have a name for my brewery yet... haven't thought of something that would work. I've thought of "Dave's Pub", but that gives it the inappropriate initials of "DP". I haven't thought about it much.

I don't have a name for my brewery yet... haven't thought of something that would work. I've thought of "Dave's Pub", but that gives it the inappropriate initials of "DP". I haven't thought about it much.

P&K,

That name would certainly give franko something to work with to create an "interesting" label!! :D :eek: B) :ph34r:

beers

Crozdog (who hasn't come up with a brewery name yet)

I'm sure there will be plenty of potential label pictures at hand from a quick search on the net :p

I'm sure there will be plenty of potential label pictures at hand from a quick search on the net :p
...and a range of beers such as DP Blonde, DP Old, DP Black, DP Stout, DP Belgian Specialty, DP Dutch Treat, and more.

I could go on,...but I already have.

Beerz
Seth (who will post about his brewery name a little later) :p

Because it is mine - Mercs Own Brewing Company.

edit: mmmmmm.... cant get the photo working, may have a beer and contemplate that.

Dave

"Bigfridge" wouldn't come from that rather large piece of equipment you have in your garage? :D

Steve

I hope so ....... otherwise people will think it is due to my size and personality !

Bigfridge
(Not to be confused with Bar Fridge)

One Arm Brewery.

When I made up my first ever batch was looking after a mate who had nearly severed his thumb and he was insisting on still giving me a hand to brew.

Will put up photo when there's enough room to take one. House undergoing renos at the moment. Have a very narrow path in garage/brewery to chest freezer/un-completed mobile bar.

DSCN1492.JPG

Old photo before all the crap went in there.

I brew with my mate Sean (prawnstar). Our brewery is called Backpack Ball and Chain Brewery. I'm a pom and came on the backpackers visa (or should that be ex-pom) and his ancestry apparently goes back to the convict fleet.

The name is a reference to one of those mischievous Barmy Army chants - "We come with Backpacks, you with ball and chain, Ball and Chain, Ball and Chain, we come with backpacks and you with ball and chain" :D

"The Drunk Budgie" - what would happen to a budgie that tried to eat my millet after it's been malted and brewed with. Maybe I should add a disclaimer to the label, no budgies have been harmed in the making of this beer. I also enjoy feeding wild birds in the backyard.

Cheers, Andrew.

View attachment 8583Surprise surprise, my Brewery is called "The Angels Tears Brewery". This comes from a quote by an Aussie Icon (Who is now in some trub), about a not so great beer. But I loved the sentiment.

The name derives from the Phrase uttered after taking a draft of excellent beer just when you need it most....... "Ahhh. That tastes like an Angel crying on my tongue".

Here are a few pics of my modest affair (Previously included deep in some other thread).

My home made Capper is my favourite part and works like a cracker!

DSC03006a.JPG

DSC03011a.JPG

DSC03016a.JPG

Cheers

ATOMT :party:

well the way the new brewstand is coming along with shiny bling bling as pumpy puts it and some high gloss fire engine red enamel-Ive come up with the "RED ROCKET BREWERY"as its looking like something nasa has built.
Will post pics and the new label logo soon

Back