Naming your home brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
krausenhaus said:
The Gary Busey Brewing Company. No idea why, but it rolls off the tongue and his head looks good on a beer bottle.
Not even sure that his head looks OK on his body, but at least it's not Nicholas Cage (vampire) ale Co.

Thinking about changing my brewery name
The wife bought me some leather coasters, pint glasses with leather wraps around them and a tap handle, all with my brewery name (Portly Gentleman Brewhouse) and logo branded on them for our wedding anniversary this year
She'd been trying to convince me that I should change it to Stumpy Legs Brewing, seeing as we're both obsessed with Corgis and plan on getting one soon
I'm now thinking she was right, I'm making an effort to be less portly so that name will hopefully be irrelevant eventually
corgis ale house
the queens dogs ale house

mine could be Tews Brews since Tew is my last name and it rhymes but its a bit meh

droid said:
mine could be Tews Brews since Tew is my last name and it rhymes but its a bit meh
You have to think of the world's obsession with nicknaming everything droid. You'd probably end up with TB which people might associate pretty quickly with a nasty disease and then tie it to a bad brew.

The hardest thing about naming your kids when their born is making sure you haven't overlooked a unpleasant rhyme or two people might use against them on their journey through life. Johnny Cash is the best example of a person too get the name right message across :lol:

I called mine 'Offensive Brewing', because no matter what I brew or how good or bad it is there is always some one. And I figure the big boys (Nathan Lion, Carlton united, etc) are doing enough of the inoffensive bland crap, I may as well stand out a little (usually with hops).

Mine is Green Shed, cos my brewery is in a big green colorbond shed...not very original, but it works for me!!!
10624042_384025251746211_1681804557_n.jpg

chrisluki said:
Mine is Green Shed, cos my brewery is in a big green colorbond shed...not very original, but it works for me!!!
10624042_384025251746211_1681804557_n.jpg
What ? Now Bunnings is brewing beer ! :)

timmi9191 said:
I've got 2, haven't quite decided on which, feel free to decide for me

1. hats for bats brewery - inspired by jobu from major league
2. Thinking juice brewery, solving the worlds problems since 2011..
thinking juice. that'll last forever. hats for bats is a bit of an exclusive in-joke which leaves the rest of us oblivious and bored. thinking juice is pretty clever and isn't topical.

real_beer said:
You have to think of the world's obsession with nicknaming everything droid. You'd probably end up with TB which people might associate pretty quickly with a nasty disease and then tie it to a bad brew.

The hardest thing about naming your kids when their born is making sure you haven't overlooked a unpleasant rhyme or two people might use against them on their journey through life. Johnny Cash is the best example of a person too get the name right message across :lol:
it's australia's obsession.
my daughter is in canada and told me about 'granville island' beer. told her you can't sell that in oz cos we shorten everything, so they'd be grannies.
'bring a few grannies over and we'll knock them off'.
had 11 grannies last night then i threw up.
i like stout grannies. 'i prefer them blonde and bitter'.
'hey mate, brought a few grannies over' .... 'throw 'em in the ice bath with the rest of them'
there's nothing worse than a hot grannie.
list goes on.
my daughter gave up.
'can't find me granny'. ..... 'it's under the chair where you left it.'
shut up.

Brooa said:
"The Rusty Anchor Brewery n Bar"
Better than calling it "The Rusty Fish Hook" I suppose!

Latest posts

Back