Who Would You Have A Beer With?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like a good story?? Love to have a beer with you just to see whats going on with Number 4 and 5???? And yourself...

Anyhow, id love to have a Beer with anyone, gets boring drinking alone, ive only got my Missus family up here and they are all softies in the drinking department.. :blink:

Wish there were some brewers up here to get on it with... :(

Still have to think of 5 others..
My mate is in a similar situation in Hervey Bay. You should get together for a beer at that pub with the big screen.

for the sake of not exceeding the 5-body limit, i'll limit myself to the currently living

1. Ruper Neve (anyone called Rupert who makes such great equipment . . .)
2. Steve Albini (because he's got such a great recording ethic)
3. Meg White (the hottest little drummer girl)
4. Nikoli Tesla (yes he's alive and well and living in Columbia!)
5. Nash Chambers (like, give me a job dude!)

there. easy. i honestly don't know what all the fuss was about.

i'd love to invite Nick Cave and Tom Waits, but i suspect they may cause a spontaneous inversion of the gravity field matrix if they chose to exist within a 100km spacial plane of one another. . .

oh - and people who i will not open my door to ;
GG Allen (when sober)
GG Allen (when drunk)
GG Allen (when on stage)

chris.

:super: Lithium Lager anybody? At least the glass ain't gunna crack.

Warren -

Just so long as it doesn't give me an anurysm, which will make me dumb, however i would milk it for all its worth and get some chocolates in a nice heart shaped box that Polly would buy for me. I which case i would have to stay away from Warrens place as I dont want to be sent to the lake of fire just because jesus dont want me for a sunbeam. And i all this was to happen i would drain you and expect all appologies.

Peace, Love, Empathy

Aaron

Just so long as it doesn't give me an anurysm, which will make me dumb, however i would milk it for all its worth and get some chocolates in a nice heart shaped box that Polly would buy for me. I which case i would have to stay away from Warrens place as I dont want to be sent to the lake of fire just because jesus dont want me for a sunbeam. And i all this was to happen i would drain you and expect all appologies.

Peace, Love, Empathy

Aaron

Looks like today you have found your friends and their all in your head and if you were on a plain you would not complain that it is alright to eat fish because they dont have any feelings. Hey wait, I have a new complaint, forever in debt to your priceless advice.

While I can appreciate the interesting combination's that some people have thrown up here, first and foremost this is a drinking session we are talking about. If you are going to get on the sauce, do it properly...

My five most interesting people to go on a bender with would be
- Hunter S Thompson
- Ernest Hemingway
- Toulouse Lautrec
- George Best
- Barry Sheene

As always there are debates about who the greatest would be, but IMHO you would would be in for an interesting night out if you lumped these five in a bar for a session.

Dimebag would be a good one, but it would have to include a few black tooth grins, a shot of crown royal whiskey a shot of seagrams 7 and a dash of cola to just turn it black. Also been known to include jager.

Bonzo would be my other pick.

Out on the tiles
Jayse

While I can appreciate the interesting combination's that some people have thrown up here, first and foremost this is a drinking session we are talking about. If you are going to get on the sauce, do it properly...

- Hunter S Thompson
- Ernest Hemingway
- Toulouse Lautrec
- George Best
- Barry Sheene

As always there are debates about who the greatest would be, but IMHO you would would be in for an interesting night out if you lumped these five in a bar for a session.

Maybe Jackson Pollock, looks like he held his liquor better than his brush :)
How about Charlie Parker?

- Hunter S Thompson
- Ernest Hemingway
- Toulouse Lautrec
- George Best
- Barry Sheene

Add Dennis Leary and i reckon its game on with uncy sid ;)

Mines a bit of mix, some have already been mentioned.

1. Julius Caesar
2. Jeremy Clarkson
3. Gordon Ramsay
4. John Eales
5. Andy McNabb

1. Jamie Oliver
2. John Candy
3. Gordan Ramsey
4. James May
5. Ferran Adria

John Holmes
Peter North

(that is, John Holmes former British Ambassador to Paris and Peter North currently Vice Chancellor of the University of Oxford)
Only the best company please.

John Holmes
Peter North

(that is, John Holmes former British Ambassador to Paris and Peter North currently Vice Chancellor of the University of Oxford)

Well I'm glad you clarified the John Holmes part of that Bribie.

my list would include all the cast members from the sopranos,and theyd have to stay in character!
just for my amusement

Adolf Hitler. In all seriousness, the man brought the world to it's knees at one stage. I'm sure he would have so many stories to tell and it would indeed be interesting.

and no before anyone chimes in, I'm not advocating him as a decent person. Just an 'interesting' one.
Yeh right, the guy wanted a total ban on alcohol and was a vegetarian. I dont mind the vego part but the rest is bad. Second choice ?
GB

John Holmes
Peter North

Who would be cuming with Peter North? Leanne Lei from financial services?? :unsure:

got more than 5 but can't narrow it down and in no particular order....

Jim Morrison
Dave Allen
Peter Brock
Slash
Metallica Boys
Quentin Tarentino
Kurt Cobain, Dave Grohl & Krist Novoselic
John Candy
John Belushi
Bon Scott
Angus Young
Dave Gleeson
The 2 Ronnies
Benny Hill
Ted Mulry
Jimmy Page & Robert Plant
Ozzy Osbourne

Better not keep going or I won't stop....

Cheers

Sully

Alot of good names mentioned above.

Personally i'd have a beer (or 54) with Boony.

Or a yardy with Bob Hawke.

And maybe a drink or two with Vincent van Gogh.
Though I think that would be more than likely absinthe rather than beer.

Back