Who In Melbourne Loves A Parma And A Microbrew!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, we will work on the 28th and discuss how the Catters are going to destroy the Port Adelaide wankers in the Grand final

Rook

Footy season's over, Rook. Lloydy and the boys are off sunning themselves somewhere in the world on the end of season trip, there's no more interest for me in season 2007.
How about we discuss the upcoming summer of cricket? Or better yet, which beer we're going to try next?

Hahaha, bumping an old thread! finally got to Mrs Params on Friday night with the missus and a mate (beerdingo)...yea yea, two years after i bloody started this thread! hahahaha

anyways started with a kooinda, lovley as always...

then onto the rotating tap - OMG bridge road fresh hop harvest - wet hopped! HOW GOOD! was bloody delicous, loads of hops.

Then onto the Hargeaves hill ESB - my new favourite beer, love the orange colour and the hops you get are amazing, fruity, passionfruity. bloody beautifull.

Then the parma rolled out....amazing example of a chicken parma - 9/10. flat chciken breast, massive in size, good sauce to chicken ratio, nice thin smoked ham and the cheese was off the hook. good ratio again and they had it under the griller to perfection. amazing hot crispy chips and a good salad to boot. BEST!

Cant remember what i had to drink after that though, had been drinking all day so it was starting to get messy. I do remember having another Bridge road before i left tho just to backup how good it was. Staff are lovley too. Super good service.

One of my two Favourite restaurants in the city now too. The other being Da Hu (Peking Duck).

Hey Guys I'm new to this forum, but am a huge Mrs Parmas fan. Love the place. Been there well over a dozen times over the past few years while I've been working in the city.

Also good up this end of town is Bridie O'Reilly's and the European Bier Cafe!

Usually between the three you can make your way through a large range of Beers and Meals. You should be able to find something you'll like!

Beefy

beefy. welcome to the forum. keep an eye out in the 'meetings' section of AHB. There's a few of us who work in the city and frequent Mrs P's on a friday for a refreshing bevvie.

be warned KT, its hops in a glass. we (Rook, Maple, Wardhog and me) had it a fortnight ago and its bloody strong. fresh cut grass.

they've got 2 brothers chief on tap now also. A munich/marzen/octoberfest style beer. 6.3%. sounds bloody great.

tasted not to much hoppier than the HH esb tho. i've def had hoppier.

your right the IBU werent hugely high, it was just very fresh. it was nice.

Better get yourself off to a bistro Katie and put in a few training runs before Friday!!

Taste some average/run of the mill parmas so you can truely appreciate the awesomeness of a Mrs Parmas parma!!

Cheers SJ

CM who you calling a troll....

No seriously I ordered one in a country town once and the chef got all fancy and rolled a chicken breast and covered it with sauce. He didnt crumb it. so was not really a parma!

Lloyd and I used to run a bistro we sold loads of Parma's, apparently they were fantastic!

I hope you weren't the chef Katie...a big no-no to not tatste your own food (according to the all-knowledgeable Ramsay)

No I wasnt but I had alot of creative input! I did taste it but have not eaten a whole one!

heres their choices in parma's to get you excited kt.

#

Original

ham, napoli & cheese

Greek

olive, onion, tomato & fetta salsa

o

Bolognaise

Just like mumma used to make!

+

Roasted pumpkin

Roasted pumpkin, fetta cheese and caramelized onions

#

Pizza

Calabrese salami, sliced green peppers and kalamata olives

Mexican

Tomato salsa, sour cream, guacamole and jalapenos

o

Mushroom

Baked field mushrooms with oregano

+

Mattricciana

mild chilli, bacon, tomato and olives with grilled mozzarella

#

Aussie

Beetroot, bacon, egg & cheese

Nay'parma

Melbourne's tastiest & hottest parma - yet!

o

Floater

Due to popular demand our famous floater is back for winter! Mushy pease, mash and gravy.

+

eggplant parma

We offer vegetarian and gluten free options so we can all enjoy a Parma!

$18

#

Chicken Parma

You are sure to find a favourite here!

$22

Veal Parma

Make you choice of chicken, veal or eggplant and pick your favourite topping.

$24

im an original boy myself. cant detract from the original imo.

Ive already looked....

either mushroom or the pumpkin one...

Hope you can make it next friday FENTS... CM booked a table for 8 I think there is only 7 at the moment.

Hope you can make it next friday FENTS... CM booked a table for 8 I think there is only 7 at the moment.
Thread is here

I can alter the booking up until next wednesday. they tend to be fully booked after that.

floater or mushroom parma for me I think. unless they have a good specials parma on.

sorry mate fridays are a no go for me. bugga :(

Not from Melbourne, but still love Mrs Parma's and a Microbrew. One of our most memorable experiences from Melbourne.

Back