Who In Melbourne Loves A Parma And A Microbrew!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just come across this place in Melbourne..

http://www.mrsparmas.com.au/

Now i am a parma fiend. I've eaten parma's everywhere and im really keen to try this out, because if there parma's are that good and they serve them with micro brews to match then i think we have a winner.

I havnt eaten there yet, but if anyone has can they give me a parma rating?

Also if it is as good as it say's i will have to let the boys at www.superparma.com know.

Ace's. :chug:

Was there 2 weeks ago with the missus while we were in Melb. Have already recommended this place (and Cookie) to several of my friends up here.

Cheers,
Michael :)

Righto. Who's in for Friday lunch? 12.15pm.

Mrs Parmas
25 Little Bourke St

Wardhog
therook
<add your name here>

Add me to the count.....

Wardhog
therook
fraser_john
bugwan (hopefully)
<add your name here>

Not sure if I can just yet, but I'll be hungry and thirsty by then...! Rook, I'll give you a buzz beforehand if I end up getting some time over lunch

Cheers guys
Dave.

I'll book a table today. I have no idea how busy the place gets on a Friday.

I unfortunately have not been able to get out of interviewing potential staff, so I cant make lunch :( . If anyone is still going to be there at 2pm I'll come down for a brew and a chat. :beer:

sorry crew cant make it :(...dont hurt me.

next time gadget, have a beer or 30 for me.

Oh and i want full detailed reports on the parma's! B)

sorry crew cant make it :(...dont hurt me.

next time gadget, have a beer or 30 for me.

Oh and i want full detailed reports on the parma's! B)

Wardy told me you were soft Fents :p

rook

right thats it.

next dream your picking up your own grain mate. :lol:

Ok, Friday is booked.

Wardhog
therook +3
fraser_john
bugwan (hopefully)

12.15 under the name Ward.

I've booked for 8 people, so there's still a spot for a latecomer.

Ok, Friday is booked.

Wardhog
therook +3
fraser_john
bugwan (hopefully)

Sorry, I have to drop out, I won't be in Melbourne on Friday!!!

John

Ok, Friday is booked.

Wardhog
therook +3
fraser_john
bugwan (hopefully)

Thanks Wardy - I'll try to get there around 12:30... Hungry already!

Cheers
Dave

I gotta apologise, I screwed up and overlooked something I already had booked for today. It's not something I can get out of, either. I'll have to skip today, but will be going in the very near future.

I gotta apologise, I screwed up and overlooked something I already had booked for today. It's not something I can get out of, either. I'll have to skip today, but will be going in the very near future.

Lunch was great guys, a good turnout and some very decent beers drunk.

Red Hill's Scotch Ale went down a treat, although at 5.8%, there wasn't too much abuse. It had a very authentic, complex structure - really enjoyable, but it's no session beer. I had a couple of pints of Mildura's Storm Cloudy Ale, which is an Amarillo driven APA. Nicely balanced and very drinkable, especially up against an "Inferno Parma".

A great little location if you're towards the top end of town, or willing to wander up the hill.

Fents, Wardy, hope to see you there next time.

Cheers

Lunch was great guys, a good turnout and some very decent beers drunk.

Red Hill's Scotch Ale went down a treat, although at 5.8%, there wasn't too much abuse. It had a very authentic, complex structure - really enjoyable, but it's no session beer. I had a couple of pints of Mildura's Storm Cloudy Ale, which is an Amarillo driven APA. Nicely balanced and very drinkable, especially up against an "Inferno Parma".

A great little location if you're towards the top end of town, or willing to wander up the hill.

Fents, Wardy, hope to see you there next time.

Cheers

I concur with bugwan, a great place, beers were great and even called in to the Sherlock Holmes on the way back for a ESB and a Mountain Goat Hightale.

Rook

I had dinner here recently after reading this thread. And I must admit i'm extremely impressed. I'll skip mentioning how good the food was and move straight to the beers!

Storm Cloudy Ale was my pick of the night, followed closely by the Prickly Moses wheat beer and the red hill scotch ale. Finished the night on the red hill and later went home. I tried to drink a Becks from the fridge at home and it tasted like water.... anyway i'll be back there next week for sure....

Any you Melbourne brewers want to have another go at meeting here this Friday? 21/9

Fents, maybe you could turn up to this one and start crying in your beer about the thrashing Collingwood will be about to receive :p

Rook

Fents, maybe you could turn up to this one and start crying in your beer about the thrashing Collingwood will be about to receive :p

Rook

you just keep telling yourself that rookstar :p

cant do 21/9 but can do 28/9....lemme know.

Back