where do you buy your beer stuff from

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOBLIN

Reaction score
Hi just wondering where you buy your malt and grains and yeast and things from....... wheres the best? wheres the cheapest? who has the best range?

You are very well placed where you are at Berowra, you have Marks Home Brew about an hour up t'road, Fastway couriers will deliver at a really good price. Then there's Dave's Home Brew in N. Sydney, excellent range and of course good old ESB in Sydney. Where you are situated, I'd definitely be looking at MHB for range and price but he's recently moved to better premises, so I'm not sure how his delivery and service schedule is just at the moment.

Absolute Homebrew have been good.
Hop Dealz is great.
National Homebrew is fabulous for price and service. They will be my go to now for working out such a well priced delivery.

I'd definitely be looking at MHB for range and price but he's recently moved to better premises, so I'm not sure how his delivery and service schedule is just at the moment.
Not very good at the moment I ordered some grain last Friday and still waiting for payment details. Been to busy to chase it up tho that's why I order of a night. The time before that I had to chase it up aswell :(. And the time before that to lol. Great prices but I'm having a bad run ATM with the service.

Mostly my LHBS. The bloke there is also the owner so we always have a good yarn every time I go in there.

Sure he is more expensive than buying online, but the service and the advice is what you get for that price - plus keeping him in business

CB is great...but a word of warning....if you visit the shop in person to purchase you will need the following

Lots more time than you would expect
A designated driver
A large budget
A small truck

One does not just go to CB to purchase some grain and hops..

Yes I should have mentioned CB as well. If I'm ordering less than 3 kilos (say a few Wyeasts, a couple of kilos of spec grains and a pound of hops, that will all come in under 3kg and fit in a Fastway bag) then I get it all at the same price delivered here in Old Bar as when I lived in SEQ. The only difference is that it arrives overnight here as opposed to two days to Bribie Island :blink:

Edit: yes I see that since CraftBrewer moved to their new place at Capalaba a few years ago they have dusted off their old sign and put it up above the main doorway:

"Abandon all dough, ye who enter here"

:p

There's a few of us brewers in Berowra.
You could get in on a bit of mini bulk-buying action with us...

I order bits and pieces from Craftbrewer, but tend to get grain in bulk buys and hops from either Hop Dealz, or Niko (who incidentally have a sale on at the moment)

Pat at Absolute Homebrew is our go to guy.
If you only want 1 sack, it's about $11.40 freight Sydney Metro. So a sack of BB ale malt is around $68 delivered. Not bad for a single bag. Any more than that and you'd want to be pickin it up though.

I usually get 90% of my stuff from my local home brew shop, especially liquid malt for my extract brews. Though I notice that coopers is doing free postage on all their products right now until the 13th of December, making there liquid malt a very reasonable price IMHO. I used to get my hops quite cheap off of an Australian ebay seller (at about $8 per 100g with free postage) but he seems to have run out of stock atm, so I'm looking at Hopdealz online for that now.

Latest posts

Back