Where Do You Brew ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where does your brew day go down ?

• In the kitchen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Outside in all of natures elements

• Outside under the pagola/awning

• In the garage

• In the shed

• Other

• Total voters
mix and combine in kitchen, then down to the laundry for fermenting then in the bar fridge for ccing

wee stu said:
Kai said:
Count me in as another kitchen brewer.
[post="90759"][/post]​

Whose kitchen do you brew in Kai :blink: ??

You know those noises you hear when you're lying in bed at night?

I was kicked out of the kitchen 8 or so years ago. After the first boil-over on the stove

EDIT: There were some tears too

I brew under the car port which generally provides enough protection from the elements. It can become challenging on a particularly windy day. There I shall stay for the foreseeable future as there is no room for a real shed :(

Kai said:
wee stu said:
Kai said:
Count me in as another kitchen brewer.
[post="90759"][/post]​

Whose kitchen do you brew in Kai :blink: ??

You know those noises you hear when you're lying in bed at night?
[post="90785"][/post]​
thats you. ok i dont mind you doing it but can you at least clean up after yourself and maybe if its not too much trouble leave me a beer :D

The business end all happens outside in the bracing dunedin cold. Starters/transfers in the kitchen, and fermenting/gear in the brewshed (read neglected old outside laundry)

i brew under a Fielders centenary verenadha but do plan to build a Fielders endurance shed soon and bre win that

would that be an unashamed plug for a certain company jaz. ;)

I have a brewing sink like he does but nowhere near as flash.

http://www.thebrewingnetwork.com/gallery2/..._serialNumber=2

When it comes to brewday I just wheel it where I want to brew and put a crate here and there and I have 3 tier system. If its raining the brewsink gets set up in the carport and if its sunny on the patio. If I can get all the crap out of my shed it might even go in there like it supposed to!!!!

I currently brew in the kitchen. I've just sourced a couple outdated server racks for use in setting up my 3-tier AG carport brewery, and the 5-year plan includes building a new house with dedicated brewery, keg cool room and wine cellar.

i brew in the garage.

I have to roll my ute up to the garage door and sit the brewery close to it. I drape a blanket over the front of the ute to shiel it from heat off the kettle.

THe last couple of times i put my ute outside to brew the local indigenous kids decided they wanted to take some badges and valve caps for suvineers :angry:

so now i brew in close provimity to the ute.

I have water, power and a drain all with in 2 meters of where i brew so going else where would be silly :D

cheers

I used to actually crank out 40 litre batches in a 6x6ft laundry. Not sure how I managed. That involved carrying 2 full glass carboys down the garage.

I think the telling blow was landed when I bent the lid on the washing machine humping the electric keg boiler upon on it to get a good gravity drain.

Now I'm down the garage I've never looked back and my garage has never looked cleaner and my back no longer hurts. :lol: ;)

Warren -

Hi all,

I converted the little room off the carport into the a small galley-like brewery. Somehow I managed to fit a fermenting/lagering/beer fridge and a converted chest freezer for dispensing in there. As the photo shows there's no room to swing a cat (who died earlier in the year of natural causes, she was 14)
pbs_brewery.JPG

I brew at midnight, in the abandoned cemetery, so the spirits of the past enhance the brew...

Seriously though, I brew in the kitchen. Ferment under the staircase (well, soon it will be in the fermentation fridge kept in the spare room), bottle condition under the stair case.

peas_and_korn said:
I brew at midnight, in the abandoned cemetery, so the spirits of the past enhance the brew...
[post="90848"][/post]​
It sound's like you've been reading the side of a cascade kit can! :eek:

lol, yeah

I tried to put the essence of my country's forefathers into my beer, but I was arrested trying to dig them up! :)

like many others i brew in the kitchen and ferment in my 2 1/2 car garage that has never had a car in it .
i built a carport off the side of the house so the garage is my domain.
got a 7 foot high glass door frige to stock all the finished product, bottles and kegs,a ice machine,the fermenting fridge,3 carboys and the radio but no tv cause if there was i would never go inside.
proably going to move to ag next year just get all the equipment together..... occ

Guest Lurker said:
Just have to occasionally set a negative evaporation rate in Promash, if it looks like the kettle will receive a pile of precipitation during the boil.
[post="90750"][/post]​

Negative evaporation rate! Brilliant!

:D

I live and brew in a warehouse, which is awesome. Inside enough to be protected from the elements, outside enough not to worry about steam or gas.

The concrete floor makes it easy to roll things around on wheels, and if I need a hook somewhere I just bolt it to the wall.

wortgames.jpg

warrenlw63 said:
I think the telling blow was landed when I bent the lid on the washing machine humping the electric keg boiler.

Warren -
[post="90838"][/post]​

I could imagine Warren....... Did SWMBO catch you...? :lol:

She sure did KoNG. :lol:

Not being able to open the firmly pressed-in washing machine lid was the big giveaway. :blink:

Warren -

Latest posts

Back