Where Did Your Username Come From?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What if a big nasty bloke from AHB rocks up at your door:

"Are you mckenry?"

What if a big nasty bloke from AHB rocks up at your door:

"Are you mckenry?"

haha - dunno actually :eek:

hopefully he will spot my wonderful bar, the 3 tap flooded font will be iced up and all will be forgiven B)

Also had no imagination

the first 2 letters of my wife's, son's and my name

MIke, TYler, SArah

mike

In that order?

:lol:

Hoho; you're wife's name is Mike, and you're Sarah! Wonder who wears the pants in that household...

I picked my username off my drivers licence....

sigh, in retrospect i wish i picked something more anonymous...

too late to change it now.

If in need of a change PM one of the Mods. But we all know who you are now anyways! :p

Yeah, I know I 'could' change it, but I have gone this far being totally un-anonymous, so seems no point in changing now. Dunno why out of all the forums I am on, this is the only one I felt I should use my real name.

Maybe I trust ya'll
:icon_cheers:

From a lack of a good imagination, I used what was around me (well on me actually!)

I have a tattoo of the Pisces zodiac sign done in Tribal style on my shoulder.

Tribalfish.

If in need of a change PM one of the Mods. But we all know who you are now anyways! :p

Is that right? Might do that. Took mine from the labels I made for my first K&K. P for my first name, L for the boy (at that time 6 months) and Brazil is the last name. Except now I have two boys :beerbang: and a new brewery name.

Thanks for the tip

Dunno why out of all the forums I am on, this is the only one I felt I should use my real name.

Same. Dunno why either. But then I didn't go as far as you did!
Actually, I'm pretty sure I originaly registered just as 'Simon' but if I did I now can't remember the password so that username hasn't been used since '05

...old "Goodies" episode where Bill Oddie "blacks up" with shoe polish and calls himself Rastus Watermelon.

A few mates reliving the old shows and inventing names like Calculus Matriculation and Jasmine Renovator ...Homer Noble, Edmund Carousel, Tommy Savant, Phillip Mignon, Johnny Aritmetic and Capernicus Nostalgia ...

It was years ago, we were half cut and speaking all kinds of shite ...but, it had us all laughing so hard we were nearly spewin'. Really had to be there!

I wrote down the ones I could remember ... Jimmy Superlative was one of them.

I spent a few years of my weekends restoring a classic car. It was very rusty so lots of cutting and welding new panels and patches. The more time I spent on it the more work I found it needed.

Joined a car forum and had to think of a name. I was listening to a lot of Kyuss at the time and the Sizzle of the MIG was fresh in my ears.

They had a song called Tangy Zizzle that starts with a dodgy recoding of a bloke in a car doing a burnout and he says:

"Yeah, yeah put it in gear, baby. Hell yeah, that's what I like about you, baby, you're always on time!"

A song with a car and a burnout and mentioning being on time (which my car was never going to be), Zizzle is close so Sizzle...

So Zizzle it was. Now like others have mentioned, some of my mates call me that. It's a good disambiguator. Matt is too common a name.

Looking at most people's reasons here, I think I clearly over-thought it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I have answered this before...

I was new to brewing and so bloody excited about finding this forum I really didnt think about a name...I just wanted to log on. My name is Katherine but people call me Katie... I wish I did make it a little bit more anonymous... Patch is always trying to get me to change it to BREW HAG!

my name is tom and I love the section in the movie 'the mask' where he turns a balloon into a tommy gun.

Had this username for ages now on a number of other forums / chat channels. Started back when I was working in IT, Daemon (pronounced "demon") is a unix process and the name was derived from greek mythology. Too long ago to remember why I chose that, other than the cool demon avatars I could use :p

That, and Tim is always taken when creating accounts....

My name is Greg. Greg was taken. It would be the Australian way to add an O to the end, but I am not Australian and grego was also taken, so I decided to use the name my mother gave me but drop the Y.
My picture? Have a search on Youtube for "beached whale" and you will find out where I am from.

because I AM wonderwoman ;p

......and we wouldn't dare doubt it - lest we get strung up by the Lasso of Truth! :icon_cheers:

Cheers - Snow (based on old rugby nickname from when I was a kid with white hair)

- Snow (based on old rugby nickname from when I was a kid with white hair)

I used to go to high school with a guy nicknamed snow or snowy. his lastname was snowball. i kid you not.

Back