Where Did Your Username Come From?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clean brewer

Obsessed Home Brewer
Reaction score
Hello all,

While sitting on the forum quite a bit, I find it very interesting peoples Usernames and especially their Avatars..

The question is, where did your username come from??

Clean Brewer just came from me being a bit of a clean freak(most times) and then when I started brewing, cleaning and sanitisation seemed imperative so I named myself CLEAN BREWER..

Cheers :beer:

my name is Fenton so Fents for short. nothing too hard bout that one.

The Phantom fans out there would recognise my name as one of the tribes in Bengali.
I was (still am but three kids puts a stop to it!) a huge fan, buying the comics all the time.

I was at uni and needed a username and I had used phantom a few times before however as it was pretty popular I decided to go wambesi which was always available - hence it's stuck!
My avatar on the otherhand is my brewery name, the kids named my beers "Daddy's Beer" so DBB it was - Daddy's Beer Brewery.

Along the same lines as Fents, my Name and birth year, not that imaginative.

Nige.

I acquired the username years ago when I was into astrology, Pollux being one of the major stars in the Gemini constellation, in turn my wife has taken the online username of Castor, being the twin to Pollux.

My avatar, well, it's the twins under the table.

When I signed up for my first online forum many years ago, Mark (my name) was taken. So I opted for newguy since I was, in fact, new. And a guy. Seeing as how I have no patience to memorise dozens of different usernames for all things I've signed up for since, I usually opt for newguy. Chalk up my name to a lack of imagination and laziness.

short for yardglass, which is my preferred vessel :icon_drool2:

cheers

Gavo

A combo of my name and Gabbo on the Simpsons. Given to me by an old workmate in another time.

CHeers
Gavo

Last name Grundy

Just dont have as much money as the real reg grundy
I am also as ugly as a dog walking backwards hence the dogs arse bitter

Self explainitary, tho I did try for Simon without the 'W' but it was already registered... and never used :huh: :angry:

It's the name of my boat (mad keen wakeboarder B) ). Logo is the one I designed to go on the side of the boat, but never seem to get around to it!

A nickname I had in the Army derived from my Christian name Christopher - Chrisstuffa - Stuffa. Other mates names were Balls, Stiff, Spoof, Toad and Dogs Body.

It's very old nick name, " a tenacious little prick that's hard to get rid of once it gets a hold, you tuff little prick, you are bindi from now on" a shipmate said, so bindi stuck for years , everybody had a nick name then.
Not tuff now, too much bindi spray. :p

Others I had were 'Black Duck' don't go there, others were too crude for this forum.

umm hairstyle.... never goes out of fashion.... drip dry, low maintenance and the hairdresser is cute (and busty) so why not get your haircut monthly???

Back