Where Did Your Username Come From?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to go to high school with a guy nicknamed snow or snowy. his lastname was snowball. i kid you not.
Ha ha! My best mate's dad always called me Snowdrop. Jeez I hated that <_<

My name in Cubs was Wabeeno, the hippopotamus, (from the Jungle Book I'm told) and it was shortened to Wab for many years as a nickname, then on Fidonet then the Internet, IRC etc.

However short 3 letter names were hard to register as they were popular and taken quickly and many online friends had started to refer to me as wabster from about 1995 onwards.

It stuck and I adopted the hippo cartoon figure from somewhere, no idea of its origins,

Cheerz Wabster

When I played cricket at the Goldfield Ashes :beerbang: I rolled over the occasional monster wide. Everytime I went to bowl and the umpire asked which side of the wicket I bowl, my mates would all shout "RIGHT ARM SPASTIC!" - RAS

Yep, Ivan was already taken when I registered, so thought if he is the first Ivan, then I must be the other one, hence the name Ivan Other One.
As for the avtar, it was just something stored in my pictures and put into use here as it reminds me of the pissfunny stuff in some of the threads in here.

Ok, (grabs the tap), time for another one. :icon_cheers:

Ex G/f when we met didnt know my name, knew it started with 'Ty' and knew i liked cars.....so she came up with Mr Tyreman....and it seems to have stuck around a little better than she did.....but thats how i'd prefer it :)

Hadn't noticed this thread before!

My username came about via my affection :wub: for the hops cousin... but my innability to not cough. Budgie Lungs.

The avatar is Dexter where I removed the test tube and drew a beer instead.

Bring on the 'true' Dubbel Trubbel! I think it will be an early night generator. :icon_vomit:

I used to live in Peakhurst, NSW. Abbreviated by some of the younger locals as 'peaky'. At that time I was racing downhill mountain bikes. Among my group of friends Downhill racing was always abbreviated 'dh'

I no longer live in Peakhurst or even own a mountain bike.......

The Feldon is the great and ancient barley growing region of southern Warwickshire.

Very difficult to explain, I'm sure you understand.

Francis Dolarhyde is a fantastic literary recreation of the dark nature of humanity. He is a dubbed a pilgrim, he is a huge fan of the one who came before him... Rather than being some sick homage to a deranged personality, it is an 'in-joke' from the psychology student to close friends and family.

Back