Where Did Your Username Come From?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shortened form of surname with, in typical Australian fashion, a Y added on the end. Been called it for longer than I can remember.

used to be milo but already taken on other sites so went to milob4 (b4 everyone else started using milo) then it got taken too so milob40 cos i'm getting too old to compete with silly i was there first usernames. i'd sooner sit in my shed and get pissed on snobby "i brewed it myself" craft beer ;)

I'm not really fat, but I'm most definately a **** *******.

Because I have a shaved head, and have done for years, a mate decided I looked like the famous communist, jewish comedian and fat ******* Alexi Sayle

I'm not really fat, but I'm most definately a **** *******.

Because I have a shaved head, and have done for years, a mate decided I looked like the famous communist, jewish comedian and fat ******* Alexi Sayle

So, your handle should probably be just '****' *******...

I will get a mod to fix that for you! :p

The boss at the time couldn't remember my name

For real??

Same story here. My real name is Tyler, my boss in a particular department back in my apprentice days couldn't remember my name and called me Neville... It stuck, and was shortened to Nev. Then it got varied to Nevalooba, Nevalicious (after the Yum-A-Licious fruit ads) and Looba, by a technician who worked in the same department called Bubba (he was a large man... :lol: )

Thing is, I used to ******* hate it! I had no choice but to embrace it. I no longer work there, but meh...

My mum and dad refer to me on occasion as Nev, my wife calls me Nev, most of my friends call me Nev... Tyler is dead :(

Yes... well it all started when I was working in San Francisco back at the start of the noughties.

I signed off an e-mail on a company blog as "Duck" based on that being part of my surname.

One of the bigwigs that I knew thought I was very individual and said I should be "The Duck" as in the "one and only". It followed me back to Oz.

So for quite a while at my current work I was "Da Dook" because my former boss is Irish and that's as close as he could get to it.

But now I am back to "The Duck" becasue the big Irish git got himself golden handshaked out of here.

Duck

As in the Cube. Favourite toy as a kid.

The first thing people usually comment on when they meet me is my height, usually followed up by something like "you must be good at basketball". Truth be told, my unofficial position in high-school basketball was decoy <_< . At 6'6", I may not be the tallest home brewer in the land, but I'm up there :)

Cheers,
tallie

Edit: Oh, and my avatar is the result of some drunken fire-twirling I performed in the back yard a number of years ago.

Latest posts

Back