Whats Your Favourite Snack With Your Homebrew

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
insight how do you prepare your lup chong?????

Straight from the packet to my arteries! I just chop it up into 1cm slices, as it seems to last longer this way :D

The Winghong website suggests to steam them, but I think they'd lose their chewiness which is part of the fun. You could probably fry off some slices to crisp it up. I'll try this next time.

http://www.winghong.com.au/page/recipes.html

Make your own.... but how?

My mates love beef jerky and it'd be amazing for them to come over for homebrew beer and beef jerky
My brother in law makes jerky

My wife and I bought him a dehydrator from David Jones a couple of Xmas's ago

Has all the recipes in there - but he's been experimenting - the stuff he makes is awesome

I think the unit is 40 or 50 bucks

Cheers

Kettle Chilli chips - perhaps the greatest chip ever invented.

+1 for wasabi peas (local asian supermarket is the go)

Otherwise, any number of things which might include some form of salty/ cheesy/ spicy/ goodness or any combination thereof...

Time for morning tea methinks!

Edamame rules, either in the pod cooked in very salty water, or the pre-shelled ones: boiled lightly and tossed in a hot pan with a hint of sesame oil and white pepper and sea salt then served warm.

About $2 from the Asian Grocer's freezer section.....

So the brew still dominates my taste buds, i like to keep my snack somewhat tame... my staple is.

Woolworths homebrand watercrackers
and
Mersey Valley - Classic.. sharp and crumbly..!

Vita wheat crackers with blue cheese from Vic market lately :icon_cheers:

Love all that stuff !

Plus those mixed olives you get from the deli counter

Batz

sounds like you might come back home looking like you swallowed a sheep if u keep this up :p

I'm a chips guy, and tomorrow I'm going to the local supermarket here in San Diego looking for Beer Cheddar Chips

Doc :p

The Australian Peoples chip got realeased the other day...as voted for on foxfm radio

Behold...

The Gravy Chip! :super:

Cassava chilli crackers (kind of prawn cracker things but far better).
And jerky, naturally.

Is there such a thing as something a bit healthy thats good to eat with beer? Cheese and water crackers would be athe best so far, in relation to salt and carbs I guess.

Steve

The Australian Peoples chip got realeased the other day...as voted for on foxfm radio

Behold...

The Gravy Chip! :super:

This I must find!! It doesn't get any better. Except for Brannigan's Ham and Pickle chips. :icon_drool2:

Warren -

Chipa_Palooza_Second_Chance.jpg

Is there such a thing as something a bit healthy thats good to eat with beer? Cheese and water crackers would be athe best so far, in relation to salt and carbs I guess.

Steve

nuts - pun intended :p

I like to eat licorice when drinking beer. Sounds wrong but goes really well with dark ale and stout.

Steve

One more "healthy or AFD" word out of you and im starting a Poll to Permaban the SJW!

healthy and not drinking beer on a homebrew forum where salami and snags are a mans best friend...blasphemy!

pssst - you might want to visit this site - www.drinkandeatlikewomen.com

hehehe just kidding big S ;)

White sausage with sauerkraut....yum....and a shipload of Weissbier....

Zwickel do you make you own sauerkraut?
I would love an authentic recipe

Batz

Back