Whats Your Favourite Snack With Your Homebrew

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnno

It's YUMMY
Reaction score
This could be very hard to answer and it may vary from time to time but what is everyones favourite beer snack?

I have to say over the years mine has consistently been the humble peanut.

cheers

would have to say chips and the late night snack of left over pizza.
but then again just about anything i can find at times.

This is what me and a few mates invented a few years back, half way through the friday night fat bender!

Imagine.... twistys mixed with beer nuts. Ingenuity at its best.

Wasabi coated peas.

Sounds weird but they go oh so well with beer. The peas are kind of dried so they are crunchy. And they are coated with enoough wasabi (the green Japanese raddish stuff that comes with sushi) to make your eyes seriously water. They come in a tin covered in Japanese characters, no English describing what is in there, but they are great!

Pretzels or pistacchio nuts with bitters and pale ales.
Stilton with stout or porter.

TDA

Simon,
I want some of them !
You get a few packets and I 'll pick'em up in April

The mighty doritos and salsa are always a winner but my favourite was when i repeatedly battered and deep fried a sausage....mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Cabonossi, salami, cheese and crackers, honey coated peanuts and my wifes legendary avocado, tomato, salsa, cream and cheese dip.

Doc

If you ever go for a beer in Belgium they'll server you up a plate of hot chips and mayonnaise. It sounds a bit off but the ale, chips and mayo combo is my favourite.

Get your wok smoking hot with a dash of oil tip in a handful of ikan bilis (dried salted fish from Asian supermarket). Get em crispy then turn it down and add a handful of unsalted peanuts, a clove or three of garlic crushed, a teaspoon of sugar and chilli to taste. Stir occasionally till peanuts are lightly browned.

Very quick. Easily done within quarter time break.

Mmmmmm salty.

You're spot on Wax. Chips and Mayo rule.

If I'm lazy you can't beat salt and vinegar chips. If I'm up for more effort, then you can't beat the ol' turkish bread/olive oil/garlic/tomato paste/anchovy and basil home made 'pizza' under the griller. Watching the Knights smashing some hapless opposition with a few beers and plenty of this to munch on is one of life's great underated pleasures. You blokes should try it some time :D :D :D :chug:

Shawn.

mmmm.. some great suggestions guys, except the little asian fishy things!! sorry deebee, i am sure they taste interesting :)

I would have to go with Doc... cheese, crackers, and definately some smoked sausage (like polish) with anything anti-pasto like!! sundried tomato, eggplant, olives etc etc.. geeez i'd better go to lunch...

You'll just have to bring some to the next PBDO Deebee for some peer review....

(BTW - nice avatar)

speaking of avatars goat shouldnt you have one by now??????? ;)

Cheese and crackers!

Jatz cracked pepper are my favourite crackers (nice to have a little seasoning). As for cheeses, I enjoy a good brie, or blue vein, smoked cheddar is nice too. I picked up some "farmhouse chilli" cheese in Margaret River which was pretty tasty too.

Latest posts

Back