Whats Your Favourite Snack With Your Homebrew

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A question for all of you who make there own Jerky, Have you ever used deer???

A question for all of you who make there own Jerky, Have you ever used deer???

I've used both camel and donkey,they were good.
Back in the northwest of WA before I get hammered

Batz

Or kangaroo

Me and my mate were talking about it today over a steak and beer ($10 for steak, chips and salad... its amazing)

Back to the original topic... we understood that it needs to be lean meat, and kangaroo is one of the leanest red meats you can get, and its pretty darn cheap as well...

I think this needs to be linked to

BEER IS MAKING ME FAT...... :)

I have a few probes with flavorers and preservatives. So mine is pretty bland stuss like plain salted chips or plain corn chips. Sometimes i do home smoked chicken breast which is awesome hot or cold.

But i do love salami and blue cheese as well.

Hey Katie i do sometimes eat anchovies straight from the jar but not as a full on snack your on your own with that one.

Hey Katie i do sometimes eat anchovies straight from the jar but not as a full on snack your on your own with that one.

I once worked with a fella that made a sandwich with anchovies. He would lay them from the jar or tin on the bread and then drink the water from the tin or jar, and then eat the sandwich.

He had salt crystals growing out his ears :)

I like wasabi peas, (you can get them at woolworth too), kettle chilli chips (not often though....... fattening), salami and cheese, nuts of all types, but mostly i dont bother as i have a hard enough time keeping my weight under control with the beer alone.

cheers

wow 6 pages of food.... :p
My favourite snack to beer is potato chip lightly salted and kranskies
yummmmmmmmmm....

My doctor doesn't like it, that's why I don't see him very often...
:chug:

2edits :icon_drunk: time to go to bed

Ahhhhh Kranskys. Cut thinly and crispied up on the BBQ with some bacon, eggs, mushrooms and halved tomatoes. Perfect with a breakfast Wheat beer!

I remember at the Newcastle Steelworks canteen, you could get a kransky, cheese, fried onion and hot english mustard roll. Now that would have gone down well with a cold beer.

MMMMM might try that one weekend with a pint of the finest! Perhaps a Porter or stout.

cheers

Zwickel do you make you own sauerkraut?
I would love an authentic recipe

Batz

howdy Batz, no, I do not produce my own sauerkraut, would be too much work; it ferments like a beer, but stinks like a cesspool :ph34r:

but anyway I will send you a recipe per PM, just have to translate it first.

sorry for being off-topic

Cheers :icon_cheers:

btw.: if one drinks too much and have to puke, Sauerkraut is a nice material when it comes up :icon_vomit:

I eat nothing with my beer.
I only like more beer with my beer.

The Australian Peoples chip got realeased the other day...as voted for on foxfm radio

Behold...

The Gravy Chip! :super:

I scored a packet of these puppies today.....
quite nice......

BUT...
essentially just a mild dumbed down version of their BBQ flavour really, they are different, not as tangy, but quite similar.

One more "healthy or AFD" word out of you and im starting a Poll to Permaban the SJW!

healthy and not drinking beer on a homebrew forum where salami and snags are a mans best friend...blasphemy!

pssst - you might want to visit this site - www.drinkandeatlikewomen.com

hehehe just kidding big S

Sorry, I need to pull my head in and remember where I am. I am just starting to get very nervous about July. That said I am brewing like a mad man so come August there WILL be 4 kegs of fully conditioned Lagers and loads of kettle chips being consumed.

Steve

Wasabi peas are great by me. If you like wasabi (hot stuff) give it a go. I like it with big IPA's ... the damage I must be doing to my palate with all that bittering and burning :D

I think the winner beer snack seems to be the WASABI PEA.....

mmmm I wonder what a Wasabi Pea be like with an anchovy wrapped around it!!!???? :rolleyes:

I think the winner beer snack seems to be the WASABI PEA.....

mmmm I wonder what a Wasabi Pea be like with an anchovy wrapped around it!!!???? :rolleyes:

Possibly an acquired taste. :icon_cheers:

+1 Wasabi peas, plus the empty tins are very handy

Found a tin of Pandaroo Mexican coated green peas on the Woolies specials shelf yesterday, mighty nice I reckon, tangy too... :icon_drool2:

I discovered Nobby's pork crackle the other night at 7-11.
I'm sure pork fat is not good for you but it's oh so nice...

Back