Whats The Worst Beer You've Ever Tried?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
vanuatu-tusker-op-premium-lager-21354227.jpg

Vanuatu
I tried it every way I could think of with lime,frozen closed my eyes every time shit bad band aid lager bad bad.
I ended up drinking crown's it was that bad

vanuatu-tusker-op-premium-lager-21354227.jpg

Vanuatu
I tried it every way I could think of with lime,frozen closed my eyes every time shit bad band aid lager bad bad.
I ended up drinking crown's it was that bad

interesting, i was just there recently and put away a fair few of these over a week or so- never got a band-aid one...
?improved their practice or my palate?

remi

I had a Darwin stubby that had been in my mums shed for over a decade. That was pretty bad. I had a beer at a micro that made me vomit in their beer garden. I didn't say anything to them so I feel it would be unfair to name the brewery here.

I've had some horrendous home brews over the years & from asking blokes how they brew have understood why they were so bad.

My worst beer experience would be my homebrew from the late 90's. I hated "wasting" the yeast cake so bottled it from 1 batch. I'm sure no one will be surprised to hear that I haven't done that again. I've got a mate that tried that who I still see sometimes. He still won't let me forget it.

As far as the mega breweries, they're not beers that I enjoy but I'd have a vb ahead of any of the beers listed above.

I was given a few bottles of San Miguel many years ago, I don't know if there was something wrong with it but it tasted like bad river water and after a second swig I tipped it out :icon_vomit:

Had a bottle of Miller in USA, awful, awful stuff, made the Budweiser seem to taste almost ok.

ahh i forgot about the oyster stout i had at a micro last year that shall remain nameless, the oyster taste was overpowering, like drinking blended oysters, with a touch of roasted malt.. almost brought up vomit after my first drink, but then stupidly tried to skull it but only got halfway through.. managed to hold back the puke, but could not even stand to look at my surf and turf lunch which arrived shortly after, i walked out and left my $30 steak and prawns on the table untouched .. don't think i ate seafood for a month after that experience.

ahh i forgot about the oyster stout i had at a micro last year that shall remain nameless, the oyster taste was overpowering, like drinking blended oysters, with a touch of roasted malt.. almost brought up vomit after my first drink, but then stupidly tried to skull it but only got halfway through.. managed to hold back the puke, but could not even stand to look at my surf and turf lunch which arrived shortly after, i walked out and left my $30 steak and prawns on the table untouched .. don't think i ate seafood for a month after that experience.

:lol: , and your ageing a stout in your signature. Sounds very yukk though...... the oyster one that is. Love seafood but in a beer, no thx. I love pumpkin mash, in a beer? no thx. Septic tanks love it though.

Its interesting to see all the worst beers being mega`s, only a few coughing up they have made terrible brews.
Re. mega if you can call it that yet, bought a sixer Fat Yak after work on Friday, it was warm after opening and disgusting perfumy floral notes, over carbed, absolute yukkk, tipped it, the apprentice got thru his somehow. Threw the other 4 in the fridge and drunk them y`day...fantastic. Amazing what temperature can do for a beer.

Just had a mate come back from South Korea and he reckons the few locally produced beers over there are just absolute piss. Apparently they're just not big beer drinkers and when they do drink it they do stupid stuff like mix it with a shot of vodka.

Clams, tomato and beer - finally the three combined!

IMG_1998.jpg

In Tacoma. Two sips and I was DONE. Worst ... Beer ... Eva. And to think even the Bud Light base beer was aweful. Down the plug hole it went.

One of the worst I've ever had was a carton of Chang stubbies, the Thai beer, bought from the Woolies liquor outlet at Riverwood. I don't drink much beer any more and even though I have a huge collection of home brew under the house, I bought a carton of commercial beer for "guests", who often baulk at home brew.

I noticed that no one ever had a second one, but it wasn't until my grandniece's boyfriend had one that anyone actually said anything. The rest of the carton of stubbies went down the sink, couldn't be bothered taking them back by that stage as I didn't have the receipt. My wife found the last one at the back of the second fridge and tried it too, and was aghast at how awful it was.

I've assumed it was just not handled correctly but it was truly putrid. Lesson learned about low turnover beers at big outlets. Cheerz Wabster.

Must have been off Chang is not that bad for an Asian Carlsberg lager.

Outback gift pack - chilli beer was the worst of the lot.

Good grief Tony - Florette isn't that bad - perhaps a bad bottle, you've got to try some Outback beers (any of them) - a sip will be enough :eek: .

Well....... i just couldnt handle the liquorice overload. THe beer wasnt "off" , i just hated it.

The other worst beers i have had were most of the line from the Mudgee Brewery. They taste like dirt and bad funk. All of them!

I tried them from bottles bought across the roas from the brewery so no transport issues. I tried them on tap at other pubs in Mudgee..... still shit.

THen i went back again and no pubs had them on tap...... i asked why and got told cause no one will drink it.

I knocked off early and went to the brewery to drink it strait from the tap...... giving them every chance to be a good brewery.

Got handed an IPA that looked like Yogo it had so much yeast and break in the glass and got told...... its hopped with Topaz. It seriously looked like what i rinse out of my filter!

Well it sucked big time....... their porter was the only good beer on tap..... the rest were really average.

So i will upgrade my "worst beer" to Mudgee Brewing range!

:lol: , and your ageing a stout in your signature. Sounds very yukk though...... the oyster one that is. Love seafood but in a beer, no thx. I love pumpkin mash, in a beer? no thx. Septic tanks love it though.

yeah actually love stout, especially in winter, i get slightly chilly and i feel like i should drink stout.. but i doubt i am going to be brewing a prawn bisc stout anytime soon <_<

actually don't want to name the micro other then the fact it was OS, because most of their other beers were awesome.. my wife actually reminded me of that experience after i was boring her with tales about the worst beers thread, guess i blocked it from my memory.

This horrible offering.
175px-NewkieBrownAleUSImport.JPG

Bland, flat, brown and boring.
The label boldly claims 'The one and only' - thank **** for that.

Oh, and this rubbish.
cc-prod-lr-367x302.jpg

Tastes like a 50/50 mix of Tooheys new and soda water.

Here's a tip 'low carb' beer lovers. It ain't the grog that's making you look like a pregnant woman in the third trimester, it's all the pizza, pasta, kebabs and garlic bread you're gutsing down.
So stop buying this style of beer, and with any luck they'll stop making it.

Probably skunked due to the clear bottle. This wasn't a problem in its original home town which was not noted for strong sunshine.

scotswood_road.JPG

Probably skunked due to the clear bottle. This wasn't a problem in its original home town which was not noted for strong sunshine.

View attachment 43383

No longer made in its original home town (Newcastle). This is ironic with
all of the micro breweries popping up in the region.

regards

Graeme

Latest posts

Back