Whats The Worst Beer You've Ever Tried?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worst beer - My IPA a few years ago.

Worst Commercial - Outback. Got a gift pack for Christmas a few years back - just terrible. I don't think I finished any of them.

Haven't seen these beers for a while - are they still around?

Kev

A few make the list for me

Tooheys Extra Dry
Monteiths Radler
Baron's Black Wattle Ale
Hot chang in Thailand.

Had some friends around last night for tea and beers ,and while browsing my botttle/can collection,someone asked what the best beer was,naturally i said,no such thing,different time,weather,mood,etc :icon_cheers: But i always tell them what the worst beer i've ever drank was...Tennants Super :icon_vomit: Just wondering what other beers that ppl have tried that are real shockers,there must be a few out there :beer:

Oh yes, I had almost erased that taste from my memory. When I was living in the UK I had 3 quid to my name and I had just finished a crap week at work and needed a few beers as a matter of urgency. Tennants Super (in the 500 mL purple tin, 9% alc) was 99p, so I bought 3 cans. It tasted like xxxx mixed with nasty cheap scotch. After the first can I was pretty pissed. The second can made me pass out on the couch and wake up hungover. The third can sat in the fridge for a month until it was eventually tipped down the sink.
I think the only people who drink Tennants Super are the homeless due to its insane alcohol content/price ratio. A truly disgusting beer.

tennants.jpg

Outback. Gift pack I think I got that for Christmas one year too cant really remember what they tasted like

A long long time ago, a brewery in Rockhampton used to turn out a" beer" labelled simply as "Macs"..
I can`t tell you how shocking it was, so won`t even try. :(

macs_label.jpg

It was probably once a good beer. Fosters have adopted the UK Megabreweries system:

• take over popular well loved local brewery
  • gradually cheapen and denature the beer
  • when the locals no longer drink it, discontinue the brand and claim no further demand
  • QED

They did this with Powers - Stagga if you remember Powers it was originally a nicely robust drop that scared the shit out of CUB and XXXX which is why it was bought out, but by about 2002 when they killed it, it was disgusting - mostly adjunct and hardly any hop.

Sounds like Kozel Dark, Kozel being Czech for "Mountain Goat" not a big fan, much prefer Kruskovice Black.

Stella also gets a dishonourable mention, the VB of Europe.
I tasted a carlsberg on tap recently, it was literally VB/Carlton, turbo yeast flavour & all with no melanoid/vienna flavour at all. I was really tempted to complain to Carslberg in Denmark, but just couldnt be arsed.

Carlsberg on tap is brewed by Fosters BUL - probably at Yatala. I had a few pints at Brunswick Heads and fairly drinkable: at least it doesn't have that "mouse cage that needs cleaning out because the sawdust is becoming saturated with mouse piss" taste that Carlton and VB have. However Carlsberg it ain't

1. Charles Wells Banana Bread Beer

+1 on the Banana Bread. I recently had half a glass of the stuff at a friends 40th.

Starkesbier, I think this is what made me sick the next day :lol:

Have to agree with the majority anything by the big players( CUB xxxx,etc)bland beer for bland tasteless people without tastebuds!!!!!.And about 20yrs ago had a White Cap lager in Tanzania wasnt good could have been infected considering it had a fly in it when i opened the stubbie!!!!!

any of the european beers that are brewed here under license so you can now add coca colas
Peroni thats coming out of the blue tongue brewery in newcastle.
Agree proudscum anything thats made by that lizard with the coloured tongue,and that byron bay crap

Agree about the Stone and Wood. It's always raved on about in the "What's on at the Platform Bar" thread. RdeVjun and I had a couple of shmiddies of S&W brews at the PB and I personally can't see what the fuss is about. Typical cloudy orange boutique beer served freezing although it's supposed to be an ale, chill hazed to buggery and a fair hit of Cascade or Amarillo or something quite out of balance "hey lookit me I'm a boutique beer coz I taste citrussy which is now compulsory" . Any AG brewer on this forum could easily rustle up something better in 14 days with BB Ale and US 05 with one hand tied behind their back.

</rant>

:rolleyes:

Oh yes, I had almost erased that taste from my memory. When I was living in the UK I had 3 quid to my name and I had just finished a crap week at work and needed a few beers as a matter of urgency. Tennants Super (in the 500 mL purple tin, 9% alc) was 99p, so I bought 3 cans. It tasted like xxxx mixed with nasty cheap scotch. After the first can I was pretty pissed. The second can made me pass out on the couch and wake up hungover. The third can sat in the fridge for a month until it was eventually tipped down the sink.
I think the only people who drink Tennants Super are the homeless due to its insane alcohol content/price ratio. A truly disgusting beer.
I love the warning on the can to "please drink responsibly" :party:

Luv this topic,my Mrs is from Holland and told me i have to mention Oranjeboom. it's known as student beer cheap and nasty she reckons you can feel the hangover starting with each mouthful.And coopers 62 pilsner also deserves a mention!

Anyone silly enough to try this? Is warm donkey urine better?

t162500201.jpg

Apart from 1 batch of homebrew that had to be tipped Boags St George is the only beer I couldn't finish more that one mouthful of.
I also have 11 bottles of South Seas Pale Ale that I can't give away.

A few local's...Echuca Brewery-Pale ale and wheat,as sour as sucking on a lemon :icon_vomit: Buffalo Brewery ,Victoria- the dark especially is shit,but the others are soooooo average :rolleyes: Any K+K brewer could do better.Avoid at all costs :lol:

7 pages and no mention of Tooheys Red?

Wow.

Either none of you have tried it, or you have managed to block the pain and discomfort from your memories (lucky you). It's like water that has been sitting in a rusty tin can for 3 months and gone all orange & festy, carbonated. This "beer" is permanently on special, and is always the cheapest in a bottle shop that stocks it, which is usually located in a low-socioeconomic neighborhood - and that's their target market. To quote someone else:

Post 48 & 78. Take a read. :beerbang:

Agree about the Stone and Wood. It's always raved on about in the "What's on at the Platform Bar" thread. RdeVjun and I had a couple of shmiddies of S&W brews at the PB and I personally can't see what the fuss is about. Typical cloudy orange boutique beer served freezing although it's supposed to be an ale, chill hazed to buggery and a fair hit of Cascade or Amarillo or something quite out of balance "hey lookit me I'm a boutique beer coz I taste citrussy which is now compulsory" . Any AG brewer on this forum could easily rustle up something better in 14 days with BB Ale and US 05 with one hand tied behind their back.

</rant>

You must have licked your arse before trying it Bribie. :beerbang:

</rant>

Gotta agree with this.

I didn't mind the lager, but the draught ale is obviously for yuppy poofs up in Byron Bay from Sydney, bragging about how their palate has advanced so far from Coronas and Crownies.

Back