Whats The Worst Beer You've Ever Tried?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Until the year before last, Three Coins in Sri Lanka, or Ceylon as it was then known (1968). Then I did a boat trip from Cairns to Darwin with mate and his wife. We came across a couple who offered to swap home brews. The wife made the beer and her claim to fame was "I get two brews out of every can" and she uses Homebrand tins and sugar.
:lol:

Well sir.... Say no more...

Is there anyone else here on the Reschs bandwagon?

I mean, as rubbish as Barefoot Radler and Millers is...

Serving Reschs in our beautiful country is for want of a better word... 'Rotten arse' (2, yes)

besides bad bia hoi thats been ona handpump (O2 instead of CO2 pumped into the headspace) the worst beer ive had was a guinness on tap at the pub across the road from work. I was like liquid baby chunder. it had the dirtiest lactic infection ive ever encountered in a beer that wasnt a designated lambic.

Ignoring that as its a handling problem, pure blonde (although the white is a pleasnt change) amsterdam navigator is pretty average also. The spiced xmas ale at the JS brewhouse a few years back was disgusting too. Wayyy too much clove in the spice mix. half way thru a pot and i had to force down the rest of it. Not a great experience at all.

Oh yes, I had almost erased that taste from my memory. When I was living in the UK I had 3 quid to my name and I had just finished a crap week at work and needed a few beers as a matter of urgency. Tennants Super (in the 500 mL purple tin, 9% alc) was 99p, so I bought 3 cans. It tasted like xxxx mixed with nasty cheap scotch. After the first can I was pretty pissed. The second can made me pass out on the couch and wake up hungover. The third can sat in the fridge for a month until it was eventually tipped down the sink.
I think the only people who drink Tennants Super are the homeless due to its insane alcohol content/price ratio. A truly disgusting beer.

Gotta agree with this....when playing rugby in uk they made us skull a can of this after the game....lets just say it came straight back up

+1 Mark,except for the bock :icon_cheers:

Mine was a large glass of vegemite.

Email to the brewer suggesting I'd got a bad glass resulted in me being told that I had keen perception but an uneducated palate. What I was in fact tasting was the six unfiltered roasted malts they used in its production.

I think it was called Haagen Gold, it tasted like it was made from instant beer powder.

-BD

Mine was a large glass of vegemite.

Email to the brewer suggesting I'd got a bad glass resulted in me being told that I had keen perception but an uneducated palate. What I was in fact tasting was the six unfiltered roasted malts they used in its production.

Is this the guy in the green suit and bike?

I think he delivered their beers.
I met the guy at the B+B Expo last year.I must have got a good one <_< It seemed,from memory,which then,and now,is a bit blurry,to be quite reasonable :rolleyes: I was pissed though :party:

This is my worst!

One of the only beers i have tipped out. Id drink VB over this!

:icon_vomit:

Floreffebeer1728x1152.jpg

I could say Tooheys Red or VB but when I drank them as a youngster I liked them.

The one that sticks in my mind though which I couldn't drink was Elephant Beer. Couldn't stand it and much preferred the usual Red or VB.

tooheys gold, it leaves a sacharin after taste in your mouth. next would be vb , then powers gold (pensioners piss :icon_vomit: )

I would say those infusion beers. If you could actually call them a beer. I think i bought the barefoot raddler in a pub one day, thinking ohh yea might try that. Ohh shit was that a bad idea. If i wanted a alcholic lemon lime drink i would buy that. Utter Trash.

Had a William's Pale Ale the other day... definite contender. Horrible, insipid stuff. Had to nod politely to the father-in-law who offered it up.

Tried one the other day. Like a bad kit beer.

This is my worst!

One of the only beers i have tipped out. Id drink VB over this!

:icon_vomit:

Floreffebeer1728x1152.jpg

Good grief Tony - Florette isn't that bad - perhaps a bad bottle, you've got to try some Outback beers (any of them) - a sip will be enough :eek: .

Took a Dan Murphies challenge and got the cheapest beer we could get. Was Cruiser Hummingbird Low Carb Blonde Passionfruit infused thingo at $4.99 a 6 pack. Not sure where the flavour was, seemed each mouthful tasted like what we were eating. Hard work to take so much flavour out of a beer that is for sure.

Scotty

I think it was called Haagen Gold, it tasted like it was made from instant beer powder.

-BD

:lol:

my worst was a can i drank from the floor of the old XB ute back in the day, it had been rolling around there for that long it had no identification of any kind so unfortunately shall remain nameless, probably a Tooheys..

Took a Dan Murphies challenge and got the cheapest beer we could get. Was Cruiser Hummingbird Low Carb Blonde Passionfruit infused thingo at $4.99 a 6 pack. Not sure where the flavour was, seemed each mouthful tasted like what we were eating. Hard work to take so much flavour out of a beer that is for sure.

Scotty

Oh, yeah. Forgot about this one! There was one of these left over after my daughter's 18th last year so I gave it a go. Tipped half out. Vile!

Back