Whats The Worst Beer You've Ever Tried?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably skunked due to the clear bottle. This wasn't a problem in its original home town which was not noted for strong sunshine.

View attachment 43383

That is entirely possible. It was yuck - and I'm really not that picky.

But after a sixteen hour or so shift humping coal, I guess neither were those blokes..

I had the displeasure of trying the hummingbird beer made by the people who make cruisers. The bartender who offered it told me that he had told the saleswoman he had no interest in stocking the crap and to %^&^ off!

I still recall a bottle of Tasman Ice (I suspect this was a 'cheap' version of Carlton Cold) I had when I was at uni - even though it was a hot summer's day and we had been to the beach for the afternoon it still tasted like someone had recycled it.

A mate of mine had a similar opinion and kept repeating it after every mouthful. Didn't stop him knocking the whole bottle back... :blink:

Otherwise, my attempt at a belgian gold somehow went horribly wrong and has not improved at all even after hiding it in the cupboard for 12 months...

i recently just been OS and in kuala lumpur i had Carlsberg Special Brew, an 8.8% beer that just tasted foul. I had always been able to finish a bottle of beer untill i drank that. Forced my way half way but then decided to throw it away. Worse 2 bucks i ever spent lol

Floris Kriek and Mad Brewers Orchid ale spring to mind as some horrible horrible brews.

Plenty of bad macros out there, but mostly they are uninspired and bland. Not tip down the sink horrible like the other two I mentioned.

i recently just been OS and in kuala lumpur i had Carlsberg Special Brew, an 8.8% beer that just tasted foul. I had always been able to finish a bottle of beer untill i drank that. Forced my way half way but then decided to throw it away. Worse 2 bucks i ever spent lol

Used to drink cans of the stuff in Singapore quite nice and available from seven elevens around town.

Strange how we all have such diverse tastes in beers. :)

Grand Ridge Natural Blonde.

A mate got a slab from a relative and made sure I drank one just to experience how bad it was.
Not sure if it was a bad batch. I tried another one last week and whilst it has settled down a bit i had a few sips and turfed it. I couldn't even talk my mate into trying another one.

I'm new to the beer game so I'm afraid any attempt to really describe the taste would be inaccurate.

Gold medal goes to Platinum extra dry, silver pure blonde naked and bronze goes to blonde.

BUUUURP !

A mate got a slab from a relative and made sure I drank one just to experience how bad it was.
Not sure if it was a bad batch. I tried another one last week and whilst it has settled down a bit i had a few sips and turfed it. I couldn't even talk my mate into trying another one.

I'm new to the beer game so I'm afraid any attempt to really describe the taste would be inaccurate.

Yeah, that's a pretty poor beer.

Its terrible isnt it, butterscotch blonde. This brewery always has a problem with diacytel.

There's a certain putrid aftertaste in some wheat beers that reminds me of marzipan (which in turn reminds me of mosquitos) and I can't figure out what it is. I first tasted it when I brewed a wheat beer kit which I think was a blackrock (golden sheaf maybe?). I thought I'd just buggered it up but I've since tasted a commercial wheat that has that same distinctive nastiness so I guess there's some variation in wheat beers that has it. I know Hoegarden doesn't have it. I liked it and that's what I was going for with the original kit. If anyone knows what I'm talking about please tell me because I'm scared off making a wheat until I'm sure I'm not going to get that taste in it.

Dont be scared of mosquitoes. They wont ruin your beer

Freak

Oh I better add one to the list... On PNG airline on the way back from Japan I made the mistake of trying the local drop. PNG gold I think it was called... Or maybe paradise bitter? Whatever it was it had a bird of paradise on the can and it was the most vile liquid ever to pass my lips. Unfortunately I had to force it down because it was free drinks on the plane but they wouldn't give me another one until I'd finished it.

After a recent trip to India, I can say that the worst beer ever tasted in my life to date is this gem. Served 'under the table' and wrapped in newspaper due to licencing restrictions.

Beer__Trivandrum.jpg

By far it would be the Sunshine Coast Brewery Rye ESB. 54 IBU's my arse. It wasn't just the sweetest beer I have ever drunk it was the sweetest liquid that has ever past over my tounge. I had to buy a big bag of salty chips after just to take the taste away. Paid $9 for it too which I was less than impressed about.

By far it would be the Sunshine Coast Brewery Rye ESB. 54 IBU's my arse. It wasn't just the sweetest beer I have ever drunk it was the sweetest liquid that has ever past over my tounge. I had to buy a big bag of salty chips after just to take the taste away. Paid $9 for it too which I was less than impressed about.

Strewth, that's almost as much as you'd pay for a beer in WA!

I'd have to say Redoak organic pale ale. To be fair I think it was off. Though I have had tried bottles on different occasions and it has been the same.

Only beer I have ever not been able to finish.

Got to admit that one of my early HB attempts was the worst. Vile repugnant stuff it was too.

Still drank it all though, got me and a couple of mates thoroughly pissed on it :icon_vomit:

Ahhh, those were the days when I was 19 or 20....

Yes if we are expanding the discussion to home brews, my most vile brew was a choc hazelnut stout for the MashPaddle comp last year. I bought in the finest of ingredients and a little bottle of hazelnut essence. I realised that the %ABV was a bit low for specifications (it had to be +6% IIRC).
I recalled a nice port accented stout that Reviled brought over a couple of years ago, so I tipped in a bottle of Penfolds Club.

Now you know when a long haired dirty wet dog comes in from the rain then starts to steam ...... describes the aroma and aftertaste perfectly :icon_vomit:

Back