Whats The Worst Beer You've Ever Tried?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was in PNG there was SP (South Pacific) lager. It tasted like it was infected and had a nutty, off aftertaste. I stomached it as a 17 year old, but only just.
SP Export was tolerable - just.

If you come to the UK dont touch John Smiths, gnats piss

That's a bit harsh ... smoothflow perhaps, but i had occasional reasonable cask pints of JS and Tetleys. They're just flavourless as opposed to badly flavoured like some.

worst beer i think i have tried is SOL mexican beer,absolutely horrible, any of tooheys stuff ,this would rank as the two worst beers i have had, west end draught is not far away either.
fergi

A certain microbrewery in SA near a certain reservoir. Bought a carton without tasting it thinking it'd be fine... Nasty muddy stuff

We managed to drink all, just (when all the other beer ran out of course).

Had only one of these on my Honeymoon in the Cook Islands in 09'.

Even the locals dont drink it!!

The descriptor below makes me thirsty, the actual bottled sample did not:

Kiva is an English style pale ale brewed with Bairds two row pale ale malt and also touches of crystal and chocolate malts. Generous amounts of Centennial and UK Goldings hops guarantee the integrity of this beer style.

This creation gives you full-bodied fruity pale ale that can be enjoyed either chilled or slightly warmer if you are from the UK!

kivalabel.jpg

I'd rather drink VB any day of the week!

Tyler

Anything from Microbrasserie Charlevoix (Dominus Vobiscum). Bought an assorted pack a couple of months ago and poured them all straight down the drain. The worst shite I've ever tried, and that includes the stuff produced by the homebrewer from my old club who thought sanitation was overrated. Every beer in the pack infected and phenolic as hell. They weren't out of date/stale either.

My mates home brew :icon_vomit: Nil sanitation. Manages to get the odd kit out that doesn't cause some kind of allergic reaction but generally infected, fruity and std K&K twang. I love him like a brother but faaaaark. He seems to consider it artisnal batch variability.

Some salty lime thing. I can't remember what it was called, but it was rank. It was marketed towards women - God, no wonder so many of them won't touch beer.

Not a beer, but I once tried to make hb lemonade. Wow that stuff was nasty.

Hi guys, for me it has to be Chopper Heavy. It was even worse the second time I tried it when it was brewed at Bintara. I amazed The Minister Of War & Finance by tipping it. Not pleasant.

I'll sheepishly put my hand up for being the creator of the worst beer I've ever tried. It was one of my early attempts at brewing and consisted of a Brewcraft cerveza kit with lager yeast and the included dry enzyme. It was fermented over summer and kept 'cool' in a large insulated bag with insufficient ice to keep it in check out in my metal shed. I tried to pour a single 330ml bottle into a 1L stein, and the amount of head this thing produced managed to fill the whole stein up and over the top with just a few inches of beer!

I still drank most of that batch however.... >_<

Had some friends around last night for tea and beers ,and while browsing my botttle/can collection,someone asked what the best beer was,naturally i said,no such thing,different time,weather,mood,etc :icon_cheers: But i always tell them what the worst beer i've ever drank was...Tennants Super :icon_vomit: Just wondering what other beers that ppl have tried that are real shockers,there must be a few out there :beer:

Until the year before last, Three Coins in Sri Lanka, or Ceylon as it was then known (1968). Then I did a boat trip from Cairns to Darwin with mate and his wife. We came across a couple who offered to swap home brews. The wife made the beer and her claim to fame was "I get two brews out of every can" and she uses Homebrand tins and sugar.

When I was in PNG there was SP (South Pacific) lager. It tasted like it was infected and had a nutty, off aftertaste. I stomached it as a 17 year old, but only just.
SP Export was tolerable - just.

Brown and Green?

Good old PNG. I was there late last year and can tell you things haven't changed. SP is still just truly bad bad beer

7 pages and no mention of Tooheys Red?

Wow.

Either none of you have tried it, or you have managed to block the pain and discomfort from your memories (lucky you). It's like water that has been sitting in a rusty tin can for 3 months and gone all orange & festy, carbonated. This "beer" is permanently on special, and is always the cheapest in a bottle shop that stocks it, which is usually located in a low-socioeconomic neighborhood - and that's their target market. To quote someone else:

Id summarise this beer as being the perfect refreshment for my arch nemesis.

7 pages and no mention of Tooheys Red?

Wow.

Either none of you have tried it, or you have managed to block the pain and discomfort from your memory (lucky you). It's like water that's been sitting in a rusty tin can for 3 months, carbonated.
:lol: + 1 Ooooh ,this has become an interesting thread :D So many beers,so many different taste buds :super:

Hi guys, for me it has to be Chopper Heavy. It was even worse the second time I tried it when it was brewed at Bintara. I amazed The Minister Of War & Finance by tipping it. Not pleasant.

Oh yeah that stuff. Totally agree that would go down as one of the ultimate worst beers on my list too. Worse that the ones I mentioned earlier. Chopper was a great movie. Shame about the beer!

haven't tried this yet, but a friend sent me the link:

cheese infused beer...

Stilton Blue Brew

Taken from the website.....

"The beer is 4.2% abv and is made with beer wort, as this allows the flavour of the Stilton to be appreciated more."

Haha im glad they are making their beer from beer wort!

For me its a brown ale i brewed when I was 18. I had a "Cooks lager" from the Cook Islands the other day, it wasn't that good either.

Latest posts

Back