Whats The Worst Beer You've Ever Tried?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crown Lager, I will drink VB before Crownies.

I would have to say that American megaswill is WAY worse than Aussie megaswill though, based on the fact that when both are ridiculously cold the US stuff still tastes shit.

I had a Grand Ridge Blonde that was absolute rubbish too, I tipped it out.

Otago Draught from Dunedin NZ is the worst beer I've ever had, that shit is bad. I still can't believe we used to buy 50 litre kegs of the stuff as teenagers coz it was the cheapest stuff around. Just the smell of it almost made me sick. Had to pinch my nose when knocking a whole glass back to kill the taste a bit.
The things you do to get smashed when you're young and broke! This was 15 years ago, it was $80 for a 50 litre keg. Quality!!!

I just Googled Otago Draught and it was taken over and closed by Lion Breweries NZ. Thank God.

Pure Blonde. I'd rather have a glass of formaldehyde. At least it's not pretending to be a refreshing drink. Tooheys Pils also rates a mention, as does Extra Dry Platinum (partuclarly for the price they charge for that crap!)

I thought no one in the NT actually drank them? I thought they were just for dumb tourists like me (I bought three recently - more for the novelty of the bottle).
They are too bloody expensive to buy them just to drink their contents!

PS no one tells you there is a best by date on the inside of the box they come in - I discovered this once I got them home and to my dismay the date coincided with er, well when I got home! I could not imagine they would have cellared well at Tennant Creek! I am not expecting any other flavours other than vomit and hence have not been game to crack one open yet.

Ah TFC... Perfect cellaring temps there, must be about 40 now, perfect for developing those back palate vomit notes and highlights of urine.

No one up here drinks it. I once bought it for some friends down south, didn't go down well, or up for that matter.

Fusty Ferret is perhaps the worst commercial, worst beer ever .... So many bad homebrews (usually by others and often snuck into case swaps) that I couldn't pick just one.
Bloke I recall that particular one but was given another a year or so ago. Nothing special but certainly better :)

Has anyone said Reschs?

Not 'Resches Real', the stuff you can only get on tap....

Turned me off Manly Leagues Club....

any of the european beers that are brewed here under license so you can now add coca colas
Peroni thats coming out of the blue tongue brewery in newcastle.

Carlton Draught. Gimme a VB or MB over Carlton any day, they are awful but at least they don't make me gag.

I went to a country engagement party recently, was told off for taking a mixed 6 of homebrew and other stuff out of the fridge "The bride's dad has bought 5 kinds of beer, it would be rude to take your own." When we got there: TED, Pure Blonde, Carlton, Boag's Light or VB. Guess who was drinking VB all night.

Not counting stale beers or beers gone wrong... Coors. Revolting.

one of my own

To be honest, me too. But all this "bland vs taste" business aside, I have had some tooheys product - particularly the platinum thing, that have absolutely flipped my stomach.

What is bland for some people is gut churning for others...that could be due to conditioning in teenage years or a million other variables I guess.

"Last night I dreamt I drunk the world's largest margarita, and when I woke up this morning there was salt on the toilet lid. Good thing I didn't eat the worm in there..." Larry the Cable Guy :)

gold!! :lol: :lol:

Two come to mind

Beijing Bitter (China)

XXXX (Australia)

and course I also need to mention Export Light !

A guy I know who brew kits with sugar....

No temp control, no anything actually.. He swears by it....

I put it in this thread.

:icon_vomit:

Oh, and a micro that has Elf in its name.. hap a PA that was SO diacetyl I ended up tipping it, and even the aroma of the pour down the sink rings a bad memory...

Worst would have to be a stale, flat, Foster's Light Ice that had been sitting in a mate's cupboard for a months when I was about 15. Closely followed by the Foster's Light Ice that had been out in the sun for 3 days that we had in the BJCP exam.

But unless they're poorly handled, I can't see how you can call any of the boring megaswill lagers the worst beer ever.

Back