Whats The Worst Beer You've Ever Tried?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This..

Darwin_Stubby.jpg

It's funny how there are a few beers mentioned on this thread i've actually really enjoyed. Is suggests to me one of three or four or five things:

1. People have very different tastes

2. The same beer can have huge variations in quality

3. You have really bad taste

4. I have an incredibly refined palate

5. Someone sandpapered my tongue while I was sleeping.

Yep I tasted that, I have to admit VB has a run for it's money with this one.
I agree not a great beer, but almost anything tastes good when you are on a Fijian Island and its 35 deg and 100% humidity at 10:00am and your mouth tastes like a bird cage from the Kava the night before

Cheers
Chris

Fusty Ferret is perhaps the worst commercial, worst beer ever .... So many bad homebrews (usually by others and often snuck into case swaps) that I couldn't pick just one.

Mildura Brewery's seasonal.. it's a lime infused beer.

please! ffs

af

Hmmm there's two that stick out for me.

1. Hitachino nest red ale: Brewed with red sake rice, all I could smell was this sort of mouldy/composting grass stench and the beer had this sort of strange taste to it. the beer is a sin against nature.

2. Wells Banana Beer: Terrible. Fake banana smell and taste just wasn't great.

Beez Neez.
I bought a six pack and had 5 of them in my fridge for over a year

Would have to be Bud Ligjt at the Baseball in Boston, or the Samuel Adams Summer Ale with lemon in it. Urk. I didn't finish either.

There seems to be a difference in my head between a poorly made good beer (e.g. a fine homebrew with a nasty infection), and an awful beer flawlessly executed (again and again). One is well conceived but poorly executed, the other is misconceived in the first place, however well executed.

T.

vb, xxxx gold/bitter, carlton mid/super dry/ draught,
beez neez, coopers clear, hahn ice, just to name some, and they all taste like the rectile juice from a dead camels arse... with bubbles

well Fiji gold is pretty bad but what about SP Lager from Papua New Guinea!!! that stuff comes straight from the bladder of Satan himself
And the SP Export is just as bad, i reckon its the same beer in a different bottle and 2 Kina more expensive

The worst beer would have to be a mate's home brew. He brewed a gluten free beer and used the yeast that came with the pack. No use by date on the yeast and he used it. No fermentation for 4 days until some wild infection kicked in. Vegemite and dog piss aroma, vegemite and off meat flavour :icon_vomit:
The worst commercial beer would have to be Carlton Cold.

Years ago now didn't Carlton Cold come out for a brief period in plastic bottles, i think it was aimed at the cricket crowd or something. pretty sure i remember something like that

The worst commercial beer would have to be Carlton Cold.
Only trumped by those terrible Cold Shots that came out a number of years ago. Coldies with "a shot of vodka" in them. Nasty stuff.

Worst beer i've ever tasted would have to be an attempted partial mash beer is made where I quite literally BOILED the mash, which contained a large portion of amber malt. Tasted like saw dust ('cause apparently I know how that tastes...) and had about the same amount of tannin too. Literally undrinkable! :blink:

As far as commercials go...3 beers come to mind...all from the same range and get progressively worse the stronger they get...
AVOID THESE BEERS AT ALL COST!

post-5272-1294808005_thumb.jpg

Those are fighting words :icon_cheers:

I thought no one in the NT actually drank them? I thought they were just for dumb tourists like me (I bought three recently - more for the novelty of the bottle).
They are too bloody expensive to buy them just to drink their contents!

PS no one tells you there is a best by date on the inside of the box they come in - I discovered this once I got them home and to my dismay the date coincided with er, well when I got home! I could not imagine they would have cellared well at Tennant Creek! I am not expecting any other flavours other than vomit and hence have not been game to crack one open yet.

Latest posts

Back