Whats The Size Of You Brew Pot

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In terms of time.

I find it does take a bit extra time to do bigger batches. Maybe 45 minutes to 60 minutes longer. That is starting with cold water. I know some brewers like to brew more frequently because they enjoy the process and like the variety. For me at the moment 5 hours to brew is hard to find. So once it's on, an extra hour to do a lttle more makes sense to me.

Fear

Edit my poor spelling

BIAB 98L Robinox, doing almost exclusively triple batches

Knocking out 68L across four 17L cubes, then 60L in a 60L fermenter and kegging 57L into 3 kegs

Blow-off tube and fermcap are essential for non-lager brews when you are that close to the top of the fermenter ;)

Upgraded from a 50L pot

I do 84 litre batches (4 cubes) i have a dozen cubes so usually have three to four different brews i can ferment two cubes at a time to keep my six keg fridge going.

I use a 160l pot, but my limiting factor is my 120l esky mash tun. It is only just big enough for my higher gravity (still under 7%) brews.

System works well for me, cept sometimes i end up with to many dark beers through poor planning or excitement to brew something new. A few more cubes will sort that out though.

If i had a pool i'd use it after three or four hours in the cube i guess.

I do 60ltr batches, 80 ltr kettle and MLT, 50 ltr HLT

Latest posts

Back