Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Mate
I love taking pictures of some of my better brews.
And this is definately one of my favourite beers. :D
Not sure how well it represents the style, but it's a regular on tap here!
Juddy

it's 10am, a week of night-shift over, a creamy glass of ESB going down very well indeed....too tired to get the phone pic the right way around

remi
ESB.jpeg

I've been plagued with brew problems and have had to throw out the last 5 batches. After throughly bleaching my brew space and fermenting fridge, and replacing taps and hoses, the problem seems to have been ELIMINATED!

:party:

I put on a kit and kilo weizen to test the gear. Made with a can of Deliverance wheat ale, a can Coopers wheat malt extract, fermented with 3068, diluted the wort slightly to adjust bitterness.

End result: no off taste in primary, even after 12 days. Drained into keg. First time in 3 months a homebrew has seen the inside of a keg! Left in the fridge under 100 kPa.

The result after three days:

weizen.jpg

Rocky head, nice banana aroma smooth taste (albeit with a bit of that k + k twang in the finish - but I guess that's what you deal with when using two cans!), good colour and carbonation. Destined to be swilled at a party in a fortnight.

I'm pretty chuffed that the saga has now come to a close.

Furthermore, this is the first time I have allowed the beer to carbonate over time, rather than forcing it. I'm much happier with the results, the carbonation is perfect, the bubbles less coarse, and I'll be taking this approach next time.

Aarons best from the recipe db. Seems to have become the house beer since we started ag :)

Image003.jpg

Great when i have nothing to do on my RDO

Image007.jpg

RDO here too...just mashed in on my Xmas in July Swap beer (APA) and relaxing with it's mother, the beer it's based on...

Lots of munich, lots of hops (Glacier and Ahtanum would you believe!), lots of yum!

(Apologies for the focus....)

View attachment 19528

Cheers!!

Baby Chuck's American Brown Ale.

Our son and wife are expecting their first, and as she chucked a lot early in the pregnancy, they called the expected baby "Chuck", hence the name.

IMG_0045-1.jpg

Out of season Summer Ale

SummerAle1.JPG

I don't hold out much hope for the rest of the keg.

:super: :super: VB Clone :super: :super:

vb_clone.jpg

Was brewed as thanks for the guy who's building my brew stand, and i've always secretly wanted to take a crack at this style... errrr, you know what I mean.

vb_forgotten.jpg

I nearly beat the sh*t out of my wife and neighbour and neighbor's dog and the kid up the street... after 18 of these the other night, so I reckon it's pretty close.

reVox

Was brewed as thanks for the guy who's building my brew stand, and i've always secretly wanted to take a crack at this style... errrr, you know what I mean.

I nearly beat the sh*t out of my wife and neighbour and neighbor's dog and the kid up the street... after 18 of these the other night, so I reckon it's pretty close.

reVox

:p Now we all know what the big "V" in reVox stands for now.

I'll correct your typo... reVBox

Warren -

These pictures are making me thirsty!

here is the Altbier i have on tap.

I used Nottingham for the first time in this and im not particularly inpressed with the yeast but its smoothing out now. It had a slight tang to it to start with and i thought it was infected but going now and the malt and some hops are standing tall.

I was lazy with this one. No filter, no finnings, just dumped it out of secondary to the keg amd carbed it.

cheers

PS....... Prawned. I had to look at thet pic of yours twice to see if you had a beer tap mounted in your front door.......... facing out.

I thought to myself............. i like a beer as soon as i get home too but thats just rediculous :p

Altbier__Large_.JPG

PS....... Prawned. I had to look at thet pic of yours twice to see if you had a beer tap mounted in your front door.......... facing out.

I thought to myself............. i like a beer as soon as i get home too but thats just rediculous :p

hehe. great looking beer and great shot, Tony

Oatmeal Stout, nice :)

:icon_drool2: :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2:
Nice photo Bindi and where'd you get that glass ,very nice .
no better way to spend a sunny sunshine coast afternoon eh mate
gunna need a drool guard for my keyboard

Oatmeal Stout, nice :)

Cor, that looks the goods. I've got one cc-ing ATM that I'm trying to resist sampling (you're not helping :p )

Hey Bindi......

I have some trappist yeast going ATM and im planning to make a stout to firment on it when its done with the Trippel and Dubbel.

MMMmmmmmm ...... Belgian Stout!

cheers

:icon_drool2: :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2:
Nice photo Bindi and where'd you get that glass,very nice .
no better way to spend a sunny sunshine coast afternoon eh mate
gunna need a drool guard for my keyboard

Hey Bindi......

I have some trappist yeast going ATM and im planning to make a stout to firment on it when its done with the Trippel and Dubbel.

MMMmmmmmm ...... Belgian Stout!

cheers

Can't remember where I acquired the glass [have a few].
And Tony, you have got to love throwing those yeasts at other malt bills, :lol: my Saison stout was 'neck oil', if it's Wyeast 3787 it will be a winner .

Here is my Blanche Oreiller clone from the BYO mag, it is a very nice Belgian Wit indeed, very similar to a Hoegaarden Wit.

Blance_Oreiller.JPG

cheers

Browndog

Enjoying an American Amber Ale with Fat Tyre Yeast in front of my new TV as the Hawks roll the Crows.
Life is good.

FTA_Amber_Ale.JPG

Enjoying an American Amber Ale with Fat Tyre Yeast in front of my new TV as the Hawks roll the Crows.
Life is good.

Never mind the beers, get that ironing done.

cheers

Browndog

Latest posts

Back