Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never mind the beers, get that ironing done.

cheers

Browndog

Kids are both finally asleep, can't disturb them with any unfamiliar noises ;)

Tonys EKG Bitter. Probably one of the finest beers ive made. Thanks Tony for the recipe (in the DB section)..
Cheers
Steve

P1010002.JPG

Looks nice BrownDog - shame about the gay glass though :lol: :p
Cheers
Steve

Awww mate that looks great. Youve done it proud. Colour is spot on!

I have a fresh vial of WLP002 Fullers yeast so i think that one is on the cards for another run.

cheers

that looks good enough to drink ;)
Looks fantastic Steve :icon_drool2:

Cheers Ross

Hence the reason its in the glass at 10.30am on a Sunday morning...plus the wife n kids have ducked out for an hour so I thought I'd sneak one in :D as you do
Steve

Awww mate that looks great. Youve done it proud. Colour is spot on!

I have a fresh vial of WLP002 Fullers yeast so i think that one is on the cards for another run.

cheers

Like I said Tony - probably one of the best beers ive made. Thanks again for sharing the recipe - this is DEFINATELY one I'll be doing again.
Cheers
Steve

Here is my Blanche Oreiller clone from the BYO mag, it is a very nice Belgian Wit indeed, very similar to a Hoegaarden Wit.

View attachment 19579

cheers

Browndog

Hey that looks most authentic indeed Browndog. :)

Right down the hexagonal glass. They should provide each owner with a big spanner to remove the glass from their hand. :lol:

Warren -

Hey that looks most authentic indeed Browndog. :)

Right down the hexagonal glass. They should provide each owner with a big spanner to remove the glass from their hand. :lol:

Warren -

I must say Warren, I've never been a fan of Belgian Wit but that is changing rapidly, the hexagonal glass is getting a good work out :D

cheers

Browndog

An adaptations of Sam Calagione's Belgian Sour Cherry Ale. Very impressed with the result. Used 5kg of European Sour Cherries in a 28L batch.

belgian_sour_cherry.jpg

That EKG looks tops steve, makes me want to crack my bitter I've got set aside for a party this weekend.
Oh well I'll have to wait, and share it. :(

This is a quick brew I made because of limited time.
It's a czech pils FWK with as much Dsaaz I could hold in my hand added when I pitched.
The Dsaaz is tops, but lacks a little in the malt department for my tastes.
Would be great in summer so I'll have to remember it when I'm pushed for time in a few months.
Cheers.

FWK_czech___D_saaz.JPG

Red Hill Imperial Stout, to be released soon, 8.1% ABV.

Very well balanced, initial mocha coffee sweet malt which leads to toffee then onto a slight burnt aftertaste. Big body, but not cloying. Bottle carbonated. They mentioned that they are using Wyeast at the brewery but I'm not sure what the strain is. A great beer for a cool night.

$5.50 for the bottle at the brewery, great value IMO. All served in my new PhAT pint glass B)

Red_Hill_Imperial_Stout.jpg

P6160038.JPG

My German Pilsner. Nice hop aroma, good hop flavour, crisp lingering bitterness. And who needs a filter? ;)

Thanks Newguy now i have to go to work with that picture and description on my mind (shakes fist in air)

Thanks Newguy now i have to go to work with that picture and description on my mind (shakes fist in air)

Sorry. Blame the time difference. :icon_cheers:

This is my Chocolate Porter

IMGP0239.JPG

IMGP0231.JPG

The OG was meant to be 1.060, but my efficiency was really good and it ended up at about 1.068. The only flaw with this beer is that I had to go away with work on short notice and never got time to take it off the primary for about 6 weeks and hence it ended up with a bit of yeast autolysis. The other thing ism, instead of ending up with a FG of 1.015, I ended up with 1.008 which makes it a 7% beer and it sure does have a kick.

I took some advice and have conditioned it at 1 C for the past few weeks and gassed it up, burped it, gassed it up the next day again and this has really reduced the autolysis flavour and turned it into a very very drinkable winter warmer. Is going to be great with the Beef stew I've had in the slow cooker all day :D

Having two tonight

First pic is of the Monteiths Dopplebock and the second is of the Bock I made for the NSW Xmas case

Both are very tasty

DSC04471__Small_.JPG

Bock.JPG

Kabooby :)

Back