Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sunday. 20-degrees. Blue skies. Snags from Jonathon's on the bbq. And this ESB.

What's not to like?

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1443324117.538942.jpg

2 year old sour. Used Roselare.
Sour enough for a Flanders and a touch of oak gives a nice profile. Dry as a nuns nasty too.

1443768665250.jpg

My first wheat. Some kinda American wheat thing. Wyeast 1010. Mashed @ 66
60% jw wheat
25% jw trad ale
25% jw pils
10g of magnum fwh
50g cascade
50g saaz
20g galaxy
I think i did 0 and -10 till i drained to the cube but i cant quite remember.
Dh with 50g cascade and 30g galaxy.
I fermented in the cube for the first time. I got a bit too much crap in the keg plus i only kegged last night so its as clear as mud atm.

1443952020194.jpg
6% which was not intended but i dont think it will last long enough to clear up much.

in this horrible sydney heat, my 'pretty ordinary' bitter goes down a treat. malty, pride of ringwood, but balanced. low alcohol. lots of yum.
prettyordinary3beer.jpg

My Mosaic/Galaxy APA with Gladfield American ale and Red Back malts. First time I've whirlpool hopped, that plus the cube hops has left this a wonderfully aromatic beer.

Not quite carbed yet, but had to try it. Note that the black spots are on the camera and not in the beer.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1444200002.177875.jpg

This photo is from last Saturday, which doubled as my birthday celebration and AFL grand final day. As such, I decided to break out the litre steins for the occasion... these two are filled with my Bo Pils so not exactly German but I had nothing else on tap. :p I also found that old bar mat I'd "borrowed" from some place years ago, decided to use it to mop up any excess spillage from the drip tray (which I removed momentarily to fill these things).

Unfortunately that keg blew dry later in the arvo. :lol:

12088509_10208185050852569_3226922651810757228_n.jpg

nosco said:
My first wheat. Some kinda American wheat thing. Wyeast 1010. Mashed @ 66
60% jw wheat
25% jw trad ale
25% jw pils
10g of magnum fwh
50g cascade
50g saaz
20g galaxy
I think i did 0 and -10 till i drained to the cube but i cant quite remember.
Dh with 50g cascade and 30g galaxy.
I fermented in the cube for the first time. I got a bit too much crap in the keg plus i only kegged last night so its as clear as mud atm.

attachicon.gif
1443952020194.jpg
6% which was not intended but i dont think it will last long enough to clear up much.
No wonder it ended up so big; it has a 110% grain bill!!!

Oops. I meant 60/20/20. Im a G̶e̶n̶i̶o̶u̶s̶,̶ ̶g̶e̶n̶e̶o̶s̶, genius at maths.

Rocker1986 said:
This photo is from last Saturday, which doubled as my birthday celebration and AFL grand final day. As such, I decided to break out the litre steins for the occasion... these two are filled with my Bo Pils so not exactly German but I had nothing else on tap. :p I also found that old bar mat I'd "borrowed" from some place years ago, decided to use it to mop up any excess spillage from the drip tray (which I removed momentarily to fill these things).

Unfortunately that keg blew dry later in the arvo. :lol:

12088509_10208185050852569_3226922651810757228_n.jpg
Ha ha, the old litre steins. We had an Oktoberfest do on the weekend. The neighbour came over had a beer, got excited and went home and got his litre stein that he got from Munich Oktoberfest in the 80's. I saw him filling it up from my new keezer and thought 'what a champion'. Apparently he didn't fair so well as he didn't realise all the beers were full strength.

earle said:
Ha ha, the old litre steins. We had an Oktoberfest do on the weekend. The neighbour came over had a beer, got excited and went home and got his litre stein that he got from Munich Oktoberfest in the 80's. I saw him filling it up from my new keezer and thought 'what a champion'. Apparently he didn't fair so well as he didn't realise all the beers were full strength.
:lol: How many did he have? We only had those but had a fair few more 'normal' size glasses after that, then went out to the Bavarian Bier Cafe and had more there and well the party kicked on til the wee hours so I didn't fare too well by then either... :ph34r:

Porter I force carbed from the fermenter. Has around 26% brown malt, and quite a strong flavour. It seems to have stopped a little higher then expected but most likely from the portion of brown malt used. Bit of the shame the kegs are full with Oktoberfest beers, will have to bottle it soon.

1444372249645.jpg

Latest posts

Back