Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fourstar said:
IIPA for VICBREW

recipe here: http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/84424-what-are-you-brewing-2015/?p=1308367

Fantastic hop aromas and a hop/malt flavour balance as i had hoped. i ended up jacking up the dry hop by 10g as i finished up a vac bag of mosiac!

As long as it doesn't deteriorate dramatically over over next few weeks, i hope to go well! :beerbang:

attachicon.gif
IMAG0105.jpg
Christ he is alive! Stranger!! Shout outs.

Friday night ale.
Only because it was brewed on a Friday night [emoji6]
4kg MO
300g carapils
Threw in 25g cascade and 8g citra & the 25 min mark.(adjusted for no chill)
Also 20g of my own Columbus leaf at flameout.
19L batch

Started out a little rough. Been in the keg now for about a month and I'm loving it.
Smooth bitterness and a nice malty finish.
Happy days
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1441706689.065883.jpg

Aussie Premium Ale
Bb pale 85% 10% Jw L Munich 5% JW Wheat
Galaxy bittering
Galaxy & Summer 30 min stand
Galaxy & Summer 5 min stand
Us05, 5.0% alc, fg:1.014, 30ibu, Malt forward water profile.

Drinking nicely
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1441882861.984401.jpg

Xxxx gold clone with k97. Been in the keg for ages. Was sulphury for a long time. Still has a slight touch but it's coming good now. 3% so I can have a few. Because healthy

image.jpg

Spohaw said:
Did you use cluster for that mje ?
Positive I did mate. I bought some for a first attempt, and it's so lowly bittered I've got enough for a few more batches:). 2042 is much better than the k97 though imho

Big fan of cluster for bittering , seems more Australian for some reason

Are they lager strains? I haven't brewed any lagers yet but probably should get some going for summer drinking

Wrong Malt Porter (don't order and make adjustments with a few in me again). Stuffed up the grain oreder on this one and didn't realize until half way through the mash. Made some quick hop/mash adjustments and turned out to be a really good beer. Will most definitely do this again. Sometimes mistakes work out better than expected!

Galaxy (30min), Centennial(10) and Mosaic(5) hops used.

2 row
Dark crystal
Rye
Victory

1441959220109.jpg

Spohaw said:
Big fan of cluster for bittering , seems more Australian for some reason
Are they lager strains? I haven't brewed any lagers yet but probably should get some going for summer drinking
K97 I think is a kolsh/alt strain and 2042 is Danish lager. Danish lager is much better for my tastes. More crisp and dry

My American Amber. At a place where I'm happy with it now. Bittered with NB and flavoured with the classic combination of Cascade and Centennial. Had Ted's and Hahn's drinkers coming back for another glass and leaving their swill in the esky.

American Amber.JPG

Back