Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^
The three I had on the night were Ok.
In fairness they were hot on the heels of a typical Dans tasting paddle that included a hop thief 7, Samuel Adams and a Fig Jam IPA. So my delicate palate may have been de sensitized a little.

Take em back. Dans are the Bunnings of liquor when it comes to returns.

Went to Dan's yesterday on the strength of D70's recommendation, all sold out, took that as a good sign,when they did the Monteiths Pale ale there was plenty and I only managed to drink one of the six, they were shockers,even left them in my fridge when I went on holiday 2 cabbages were stolen from my garden but the Monteiths Pale ale were left alone.

Monteiths seem reliably consistent at inconsistency sometimes.
Dont mind the Black beer though.

Mmm nice

1447744036702.jpg

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1447746303.664299.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1447746321.503542.jpg

Only got around to these this afternoon

The lime one had a sickly sweet up front flavour with some bitterness but it had a nice pine lime vanilla creamy taste at the end of it

The holdin hay time was the nicer of the two
Kind of reminded me of a abbey ale but less body and with a heap more pleasing flavour ...

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1447746627.790585.jpg

For $18 odd for the two it's a bit steep and it seemed more of a novelty than anything

I wouldn't rush out to get these again

After sanding the deck on a 40º+ day I earned this but was dissapointed there was more clove and no bananna.
Even I can do that!

DSC_3548.JPG

As the sun goes down and the palate is beckoning it's time to crack open a lambic from the bounty brought back from Belgium. Deep dark dry cherry notes, albeit somewhat artificial still a welcome change.

Lambic_3588.JPG

Dave70 said:
^
The three I had on the night were Ok.
In fairness they were hot on the heels of a typical Dans tasting paddle that included a hop thief 7, Samuel Adams and a Fig Jam IPA. So my delicate palate may have been de sensitized a little.

Take em back. Dans are the Bunnings of liquor when it comes to returns.

The good news is Dan's has now started stocking Feral Karma Citra the black IPA very nice and look out for Brewdog Hoppy Christmas a Simcoe single hop IPA bit minty at $7.00 a bottle.

mongey said:
did a 6 pack of sierra nevada hoppy lager over the weekend

nice beer. didnt really strike me as a larger but it was tasty
Good imitation of an IPA bit old now that was last seen in June round here and was just a one off. I enjoyed it very nice.

Now I learned that Dan Murphies contributes Saison I went in determent to find some. 2 staff members searching inventories could only come up with one bottle on the shelf. Bridge Road Brewers Chevalier Saison. I made this the first beer on a Friday afternoon taste test. The first beer on a clean pallet. I'll give it an excellent. Maybe not the best Saison I have tried but very good thumbs up. I'd say its almost sessional, if only there was more to drink.

**** me. This beer punishes you for stopping drinking it, . Bretty nose, beautiful overripe mandarine with roast and biscuit, followed by the most punishing bitterness we've seen in a beer. This is what We expect of Stone. Awesome, in the original sense of the word.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1448024099.847958.jpg

And my apologies, The folks at Stochastity are first in line for props. They were clearly tits-deep in the reality of this reality.

Mardoo said:
**** me. This beer punishes you for stopping drinking it, . Bretty nose, beautiful overripe mandarine with roast and biscuit, followed by the most punishing bitterness we've seen in a beer. This is what We expect of Stone. Awesome, in the original sense of the word.

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1448024099.847958.jpg

And my apologies, The folks at Stochastity are first in line for props. They were clearly tits-deep in the reality of this reality.
Got enough hops Mardoo ?

Big fan of all the stone beers

IMG_3037.jpg

Fantastic ale. Beautiful malt, with lovely raisiny toffee notes. Very typically a British Ale. Recommended, you won't regret it.

IMG_3039.jpg

Light colour, not a lot of malt character, which I guess was designed to let the hops to shine. It's a nice beer, and very like my last batch of AIPA, but I'm a little disappointed in the level of hop character, I expected more. To my taste, I prefer SN's Hoptimum.
By the way, my last batch of AIPA is also not one of my better efforts, as I finally went too far to lighten the malt character after successive batches to see how far I could dial it down.
Still, I'm a happy chappy, because I'm drinking them, and you're not !!

Deepest darkest red, really more cola coloured. Very rich and malty, not as hoppy as I'd hoped for from a Hoppy red ale.

All NZ malts. I'd be willing to bet there's gladfield redback and toffee in this.

IMAG0145.jpg

No piccie attached as I'd just finished mowing front yard and was still downstairs.

RIVERSIDE BREWING'S SUMMER ALE (the 69).

Bloody beautiful on a stinking oppressive post-mow arvo here. I've had this 'un before and enjoyed it, but not as much as this time. Lovely clean passionfruit aroma, then went down like the dollar.

Latest posts

Back