Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More Hip than Hop. A bit disappointing really. Not a great deal of body but I guess you cant expect much at 3.5% ABV.

Not really even Hip.

sq_3620 copy.jpg

Danwood said:
I got a sixer, too. At least 4 have been gushers straight from the fridge. Yours were fine, Dave ?

Hops are there, but very 'messy'... nothing distinct jumps out.

It's ok..... for $10.
My wife bought me a sixer of the Moa pale ale. No gushers but I found it to be very unbalanced. No late hops for a pale ale and too malty. Will finish the six pack but under duress. Won't buy again, not even for $10.

Tried the Shepherd Neame's Double Stout, having good recall, tastes tasted like a Coopers Foreign Extra, had the Shepherd Neame IPA and found a magnificent India Pale Ale, lasting bitterness as it should be, contributed by the Target hops, have a load of Nugget hops in the freezer definitely will be making this one. (both from Dan's)

roastin said:
More Hip than Hop. A bit disappointing really. Not a great deal of body but I guess you cant expect much at 3.5% ABV.

Not really even Hip.

attachicon.gif
sq_3620 copy.jpg
You should have taken a disappointing photo also.

My father bought this for me at the Castlemaine Farmers Market.
Was a bit over carbonated and prickly on the tongue to start off with, but once it settled down it was quite nice.

Puffin__1449384940_18313.jpg

I had a Kent Old the other night. Can't believe it is back. It was the first beer I could stomach as a young fella and still love it. Had a few Young Henry's as well, could never fault them.

tried the Batch brewing cask aged strong ale or whatever its called last night

didnt dig it . not the whole longneck anyway. first few sips were interesing then I just started gettign flash back to cheap scotch and dry

Beer number 8 Pale Ale 28 70s style from Burleigh Brewing. A little heavy on the Crystal for my palette.
#BoozeBud
beer 8_28 Pale.jpg

Got the Australian Brewery sample 4 pack from Dans.

Pils - Really impressed with this, clean malt flavour with good bitterness & just a hint of fruit from the hops.
Says on the can spicy NZ hops & US cascade. I'm guessing Pacific Jade for the NZ hop ??
IMG_5395.JPG

Pale Ale - Not a big fan of this one. Bit grassy from the Galaxy hops.
IMG_5396.JPG

Saison - I loved this one, I got the clove & pepper as described on the can.
IMG_5397.JPG

Session IPA - Basically a pale ale at 35 IBU but it did have a lovely hit of fruity, piney hop flavour & aroma.
I usually find these type of beers lacking a decent malt backbone but this one was pretty good.
I would've preferred they put a bit more malt into this to get it up to about 5% and make it their pale ale instead.
Hops were Centennial, Cascade, Columbus, Chinook & Mosaic :icon_drool2:
IMG_5399.JPG

I had the Australian Brewery saison last night for the first time and rate it highly

Back