Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just uncapped this Amber lager. Pours clear and gold copper. An attempt at an Aussie Marzen??? Clean finishing but not as malt driven for me.

Thunder_Road_Amber.jpg

"What's in the can?" This:
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1450496025.121470.jpg
Free out of an eski at a friend's birthday party. Oh my. After throwing BJCP instincts at I gave up on any sort of compliance. Reminiscent of poor lager attempts in the past I concluded this was full of adjuncts and has PoR added to about 5 IBU. Checked and it was only 3.5%, and tasted every bit of it. As bad as any beer I've ever had.
Ed: except Tun Bitter, it's much worse.

running a bit low in keg,so went to liquorland and they had steam rail pale ale 10pack's for $20..it's tastes better than VB/Great Northern

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1450586350.228106.jpg
Return of the Dread, definitely not brewed in Geelong. A fine example of a stout. 40°C whatever, this would taste good no matter the temp. I'm always up for a stout.
Bottle says 6 specialty roasted malts on top of pale with "a good dose of Fuggles hops". It's certainly a sipper. Jet black.

Next up is Gage Roads Sleeping Giant IPA.
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1450590715.988179.jpg
Never had Gage Roads before and not the biggest IPA fan, but this I enjoyed. Outright piney character and hop-forward, without being balls-and-all like a Big Eye. Good to sit down and enjoy on an afternoon like this.

WP_20151219_004.jpg

too much caramel malt for me.

WP_20151219_005.jpg

usually a decent hefe but was not quite as aromatic as usual

WP_20151219_006.jpg

BOOM! solid IPA, this lets you know what an IPA is. :icon_drool2:

Yep, gotta be the foreign version. The other variant is piss.

wide eyed and legless said:
Got them at Purvis Cellars Bridge road Richmond brewed in Nigeria, I think that's on the West Coast of Ireland.
Nigeria... I keep winning the million dollar lotto there.
Funny thing is I don't remember buying any tickets from there. I guess the money tree at the front door just keeps paying for itself.

PIRATE LIFE BREWERY - AAARRRGG!! IMPERIAL IPA - 8.8% - FKN EXCELLENT QUALITY!

These blokes know how to make a hopped up beer ( had no doubt with their experience - Brewdog and LC's )

Maris Otter, Carapils and Wheat Malts, using Simcoe, Columbus, Centennial and Mosaic

The aroma is awesome and the balance of the high ABV with the resin of the late hops, no lingering bitterness just well rounded.

WP_20151221_007.jpg

The can actually shows the ingredients and procedure to make the beer on the top edge, clever :super:

WP_20151221_005.jpg WP_20151221_006.jpg

Pratty1 said:
PIRATE LIFE BREWERY - AAARRRGG!! IMPERIAL IPA - 8.8% - FKN EXCELLENT QUALITY!

These blokes know how to make a hopped up beer ( had no doubt with their experience - Brewdog and LC's )

Maris Otter, Carapils and Wheat Malts, using Simcoe, Columbus, Centennial and Mosaic

The aroma is awesome and the balance of the high ABV with the resin of the late hops, no lingering bitterness just well rounded.

attachicon.gif
WP_20151221_007.jpg

The can actually shows the ingredients and procedure to make the beer on the top edge, clever :super:

attachicon.gif
WP_20151221_005.jpg
attachicon.gif
WP_20151221_006.jpg
have you tired their session IPA? It's a really good 3%

Yep, love the tin graphics and also the liquid inside. It tastes like happy.

2much2spend said:
have you tired their session IPA? It's a really good 3%
Yep. I had the Throwback Session IPA up in Queensland on tap and its got alot of flavour for a low abv beer.

It might be an old generation phone, but the fact still remains I am publicly uploading a photo to an Internet forum on a wireless device. Karl Strauss Pintail Pail Ale.
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1450851907.402014.jpg
For me, the perfect balance in a pale ale. Hoppy and malty on the nose, almost dry in character with a balance between all the elements in the aftertaste that just makes for an enjoyable beer. In a market flooded with pale ales this is what a good non-fancy beer is all about. Session IPA? Golden Ale? Summer ale? Pff, an ale made in the US that tastes right that doesn't pretend it's trying to be anything else.

TheWiggman said:
It might be an old generation phone, but the fact still remains I am publicly uploading a photo to an Internet forum on a wireless device. Karl Strauss Pintail Pail Ale.
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1450851907.402014.jpg
For me, the perfect balance in a pale ale. Hoppy and malty on the nose, almost dry in character with a balance between all the elements in the aftertaste that just makes for an enjoyable beer. In a market flooded with pale ales this is what a good non-fancy beer is all about. Session IPA? Golden Ale? Summer ale? Pff, an ale made in the US that tastes right that doesn't pretend it's trying to be anything else.

very good beer.

Latest posts

Back