Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Housemate brought me down a study beer because he's a good mate.

Really enjoy this beer and I got it on special so it was pretty well priced. Real malty and with citrus and fruity hoppiness. Not an intense IPA but very solid and enjoyable. It's great brewery nearby!

1446902571447.jpg

Bright is a top spot for a day trip, my partner doesn't take much convincing to get out there for a stroll through town and a few beers at the brewery...

I was on "The Naz" last night, reads as a 'strong pale ale', perhaps a bit dark for what I was expecting, but a tasty beer all the same :)

MountainGoat-TheNaz-350-937.gif

did a 6 pack of sierra nevada hoppy lager over the weekend

nice beer. didnt really strike me as a larger but it was tasty

Balmain Pilsner in 375ml cans from Aldi

balmain pils.jpg

If you close your eyes and concentrate on the hops, it's more like a mild APA.

Tin says three hops including Saaz, I sampled the Balmain after a couple of cans of Oettinger and the New Zealand, or whatever, hop really takes over. Motueka maybe?

It lacks the bready richness of a true Pilsener, but not a bad drop ... I hate to say this but with the extra bitterness it displays, it would probably suit a VB drinker who wants to go Hipster. :ph34r:

Celebrating the fact that I now live only 30 mins away from an Aldi with Likker I'm into the Fraser Briggs Premium Lager.
At around $9 for a six pack and $30 for a slab it's insanely cheap compared to even the Dutch imports.

Grainy mild flavour, nothing objectionable, light hopping with a pleasantly bitter finish. Probably Dr Rudi all the way.

fraser briggs.jpg

Is that the NZ brewed one Bribie G? I remember giving one of those a go about 3 years back and never went back for seconds. I'd prefer the Rivet.
Wow don't I feel like a beer connoisseur right now.

So my mother passed away last year and today is her birthday , so this happened.

Think the most expensive 6 pack I have ever bought. It's a great beer.

God damn photos from my phone always upload sideways.

image.jpeg

In Washington DC I had 60 minute IPA on tap for $2 a pint during happy hour. The bartender gave us coupons for $1 pints on our next visit, but being from out of town he let us use them on the spot. Best $1 ever spent.

Also, here is a photo I took of the original continuous hoping device used by Dogfish Head. Yes, it's an electronic football board game.

1447232145381.jpg

mstrelan said:
In Washington DC I had 60 minute IPA on tap for $2 a pint during happy hour. The bartender gave us coupons for $1 pints on our next visit, but being from out of town he let us use them on the spot. Best $1 ever spent.
ha. thats depressing when I think what I paid

really enjoyed the beer. really well balanced and well made. My missues even liked it and stole a bottle and she usally finds the super hoppy IPA's too much

need to try the 90 minute now

2015-11-12 19.46.18.jpg
Good beer. The label design, and being purple instantly had me thinking of a sour grape lolly like a zappo.

But it actually tastes like a fizzy sav blanc warhead. I hate sav blanc......but i do not hate this beverage.

Zingy, acidic, crisp. medium body. Smells a bit winey and has the usual sour aromas . Aftertaste is lovely and sweet, but im having trouble enjoying the aftertaste because i keep filling my mouth up with more of this beer.

Great summer beer. Im going to follow this up with a rodenbach grand cru.

Thought this was going to be a bit of a shitter. Not by a long shot.
Ten bucks a six pack with a Dans card.
Would recommend to a friend.

WP_20151114_006_zpssk3bwobw.jpg

I was given this to try by the guys at yh.
Big balls,highway to hell the life and death of Bon Scott. ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1447631973.788991.jpg

Dave70 said:
Thought this was going to be a bit of a shitter. Not by a long shot.
Ten bucks a six pack with a Dans card.
Would recommend to a friend.

WP_20151114_006_zpssk3bwobw.jpg
I got a sixer, too. At least 4 have been gushers straight from the fridge. Yours were fine, Dave ?

Hops are there, but very 'messy'... nothing distinct jumps out.

It's ok..... for $10.

Back