Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
malt & barley blues said:
Did you have a Scotch egg with that?
Not with the Urquell I didn't, but I had a few Scotch eggs and pork pies at the Great British Beer Festival.

phpNAxsc9AM.jpg

Went to Newstead Brewery at lunch for the Kaiju! Beer Tap Takeover. Was giving them another go after having the Robohop and finding it quite astringent, which i put down to overextraction, but with hindisght from today's tasting i reckon it's unbalanced and way too bitter for the grain bill.

Gave the Robohop another go… better. Still a bit unbalanced with bitterness dominating. But less/no astringency. Nice aromas though.

0Mi3TnY.jpg

Also a Hopped out Red… good. The addition of some crystal malt seemed to build the beer up bit adding sweetness and body to pair with the bitterness and aggro hops. Very good.

yuHjNJC.jpg

They need work on their malt bill and hop schedule for their lighter coloured beers, but the red has come good

La Sirene. Wild Saison.
Wholey shit this is it! This is what I'm looking for, (as a favourite) that's for sure. Beautiful fruity flavour beer.
Mouthfeel and body too with an Aroma that almost smacks you in the face
(Hallo! good beer here!!!) before you even taste it and then the taste is a conformation that its really good. :chug:

Wolf of the Willows. ISA. Indian Saison I also give a thumbs up too.
Just so happens they are made in Australia. Worthy of a WOW factor there.
After many taste testing of expensive craft commercial beers many I would give a thumbs down I think because they are spoiled in transport.
The best of all turn out to be made in Australia! B)

If you want better from other worlds then I guess you have to go there.

I've taken a liking to coopers mild ale, so have just been drinking a bit of that lately. Pretty much is the same beer as the green pale ale, just with less alcohol.
I'm liking having these in the fridge for when I don't feel like drinking an IPA or pale ale, great thirst quencher on a hot day. Smash a few of these down easily after mowing the lawn or whatever.

Coopers Black and Tan 50% Celebration Ale 50% Export Stout going down well.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1444242425.483318.jpgGulden Draak time last Thursday. Absolutely stellar drop for 10.5%. Very well balanced and full of malt and yeast flavour.

I found this picture on the internet last night.
Pissed my self laughing, as it just looks like someone has set up a nice photo till the photo bomb happened.
daily_picdump_1922_640_03.jpg

Went to the Squire's Maiden in Newcastle yesterday and they had a Blood Orange Pilsener on tap.

It's the regular Pilsener run through a hop back with cut up blood oranges in it.

It was quite nice on a warm day.

IMG_20151010_143052.jpg

In NZ at the moment, 6er of this cost about $12au. Not a bad beer. Cascade and nelson sav in a pilsner.ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1444722035.271135.jpg

Did a clone (ish) of this last summer. Came out wonderful. Be interesting to do a decotion to get some melanoidens in there for another dimension I reckon.
Crisp, fruity and spicy. Great little quaffer.

didint get photos but did a 6 pack of sierra nevade Hop Hunter on sunday arvo . hadnt tried it bofore. thought it was a nice beer

a good balance between their pale ale and the torpedo strength wise

20month old bottle of One from central coast brewery Six String

Its a double IPA and after that long its more like a barley wine now.

V__5D18.jpg

No wonder Golden Road where purchased by the big US brew company ABinbev....fkn amazing IPA.

WP_20150925_003.jpg

WP_20150930_003.jpg

Pratty1 said:
20month old bottle of One from central coast brewery Six String
Its a double IPA and after that long its more like a barley wine now.
attachicon.gif
V__5D18.jpg
I shared one of these with a mate a few weeks back and it took us about two hours to drink it. Beast.

Ciderman said:
I shared one of these with a mate a few weeks back and it took us about two hours to drink it. Beast.
Two hours geez, it was our friday arvo beer and a mate and I finished it in abouy 10mins.....lol.

Latest posts

Back