Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kingy said:
Had a couple of riversides 777 last night on the back end of a craft beer sampling session at my local. Bloody good beer,easy to drink at 9.2% well worth the $11 a schooner. Num nums
I'm addicted to riversides 777 at the moment

cant drive past the local botto without popping in to get a longneck

I cracked this one open yesterday afternoon.
It's the closest thing I have found to my double black ipa. ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1441782027.927234.jpg

Just opened this one out of my Father's Day gift.
image.jpg

Prancing Pony Blonde Ale. 4.5% alc. fargin nice.

I wasn't a big fan of Fred. I think hop hog is a great pale ale but in general a bunch of our Aussie IPAs are pretty weak. Certainly way better and more complex than stuff I brew but hey

View attachment 83196
Prancing Pony Amber Ale 5.0%. Liking this one as well .
The next is a Coopers Vintage 2015. If this doesn't put me on my arse nothing will.:)

Started with a sierra nevada hop hunter, pretty good, seemed to be lacking mouthfeel, not as hoppy as I'd hoped, nice drop but. Working through 4 torpedo cans now I think I prefer the torpedo.

Bridges said:
Started with a sierra nevada hop hunter, pretty good, seemed to be lacking mouthfeel, not as hoppy as I'd hoped, nice drop but. Working through 4 torpedo cans now I think I prefer the torpedo.
I preferred the hop hunter .... The hops didn't seem so harsh

Have you tried the hoptimum yet ... That's pretty flash so is their narwhal

Hells Gate IPA from Bullant Brewery in Bruthen (East gippsland)
Nice beer albeit a bit deadly...too easy to drink at 6.9%
image.jpg

When in Brooklyn NYC, one must have a Brooklyn Lager or three:

gallery_27971_1077_1299564.jpg

Go into any licensed outlet here and the array of craft beer in amazing:

gallery_27971_1077_882735.jpg

gallery_27971_1077_81237.jpg

gallery_27971_1077_189783.jpg

Getting in some preparation for Oktoberfest.

Made up some 'Kraut and drinking a tasty Weiss from an Stein.

If you look carefully at the reflection in the glass, you can just make out my leather shorts.

image.jpg

Got onto the Beard Fiction APA off the tap at the Earl of Leicester. Throughly enjoyed every sip. English malt backbone with an in your face hoppiness. I'm guessing Citra is a major player.

beer fiction.jpg

Not really up on the lingo, but if what they mean by 'earthy' is it tastes kind of like somebody dry hopped it with few handfulls moss including the dirty roots, thats pretty much it.
In fairness - purchases from Dans, so handling unknown.

9211893.jpg

billygoat said:
Unpasteurized Pilsner Urquell straight from the tank, in The White Horse, Parsons Green.
They claim it is direct from the brewery to the tank. Certainly tastes fresh and has a lovely creamy mouthfeel.
Did you have a Scotch egg with that?

Latest posts

Back