Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm waiting to polish off a keg so I can rack my fermented stout into the fridge. Moved to the border a few weeks ago which means I can now buy this stuff to tide the stout pangs:

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1429420722.942732.jpg

Best offering from CUB in my opinion. Not overtly cloying or bitter, has notes of chocolate and coffee and ever so slightly the infamous PoR. Very enjoyable and best value beer in the bottleshops.

got a 3 pack of the IPA with their special IPA glass built specifically for IPA - ooh swanky wanky, also got a mixed 6 oack to try and a bridge road brewers truckers cap - held back on getting the pom poms

mje1980 said:
I had a 3litre keg of hefe from aldi. For $20 It was a gamble but jeez it was bloody good. Karmeliter it was called
Yes, I have enjoyed this one in the past as well. Turns up about once a year at Aldi.

I think it was ur post that triggered me to look, only had the pale ale and the ipa so far - both good, do they do a saison? I didn't get a saison in the mixed sixer, looking fwd to trying the single hopped Galaxy ipa and the hefe, the robust porter and the red ale
Not sure about being part of the posse hence the poms poms thing

I bought two packs last year for the glasses, it worked out cheaper than buying just the glasses from reidel.

Edit- the beer was fantastic too.

droid said:
I think it was ur post that triggered me to look, only had the pale ale and the ipa so far - both good, do they do a saison? I didn't get a saison in the mixed sixer, looking fwd to trying the single hopped Galaxy ipa and the hefe, the robust porter and the red ale
Not sure about being part of the posse hence the poms poms thing
Certainly do have a saison, I tried one a few weeks back (first ever, turns out saisons don't do much for me). They had 2 available at the brewery - check this link out. I wasn't compelled to buy another just as I'm not compelled to ever buy a wheat beer.
Apparently their red ale is on hand pump, absolutely spewing I didn't try it because I had no idea as it wasn't part of their tasting range.

TheWiggman said:
Certainly do have a saison, I tried one a few weeks back (first ever, turns out saisons don't do much for me). They had 2 available at the brewery - check this link out. I wasn't compelled to buy another just as I'm not compelled to ever buy a wheat beer.
Apparently their red ale is on hand pump, absolutely spewing I didn't try it because I had no idea as it wasn't part of their tasting range.
They also do a India Saison in collaboration with Nogne O

Bought a 6 pack of this over my recent holidays.
I still have four left if anyone's interested.
The description is exactly one word too long.

Gage-Roads-new-Breakwater.png

Arctic Fox English Pale Ale pulled through a hand pump at a temperature which was just about spot on, purchased in The Royal George, Kyneton a good pint served as it should be, though the barman needs a bit of tuition with the hand pump, was trying to fill the glass from the top instead of from the bottom :)

Plus their ultimate (IMO)
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1429936623.177602.jpg

Wow
Also tried the delicious IPA (very citrusy but very good)
Their "normal IPA" also a winner and the "Go To Session IPA - which at 4.5% was close to perfect! Again IMO

TheWiggman said:
I'm waiting to polish off a keg so I can rack my fermented stout into the fridge. Moved to the border a few weeks ago which means I can now buy this stuff to tide the stout pangs:

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1429420722.942732.jpg

Best offering from CUB in my opinion. Not overtly cloying or bitter, has notes of chocolate and coffee and ever so slightly the infamous PoR. Very enjoyable and best value beer in the bottleshops.
Agree, even had to reluctantly tell my sis who works for CUB that there is evidence they CAN brew a decent beer :p

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1430301778.483190.jpg

Thought it was about time I tried some Stone brews. I guess I'm officially a lupulin addict, as I really enjoyed the Ruination.

Tried a few beers over the past week or so......

Matso Session Beer

Says they use Galaxy, quite a light beer and low hop flavour and aroma.

WP_20150424_006.jpg

Garage Project - Hapi Daze

For the amount of hops its described on the can, it really didnt seem like that.

Nice beer.

WP_20150501_008.jpg

Bridge Roads - Robust Porter

Straight forward porter, was slightly over carbed.

WP_20150501_010.jpg

Stone Brewing - Go To IPA

this has an extreme amount of flavour/aroma hops loaded into the back end..............very sessionable!!!

V__7657.jpg

Latest posts

Back