Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No pictures,

Yenda Unfiltered Lager and Pale Ale.
Both very much nothing, no malt , very little hop, very short of the descriptors on the bottle.

According to their facebook page the brewers are very proud of this watery flavourless shite......good for them.
If I had brewed it, it probably would have gone on the lawn; certainly wouldn't be sharing it around.

Purchased a 'mine is bigger than yours' barrel-aged barleywine yesterday as a bit of a personal belated birthday present.

By far the most filled bottle I have ever opened, as it was quite literally filled to the brim.

Such a smooth barley-wine for ~13%. Heaps of dried fruits (raisins/prunes), caramel, biscuit with a bit of citrus on the nose. Really slick mouth with the oak coming through at the end. Almost tawny-esque in its flavours and body. Far too drinkable for a barley-wine..

The glass is a delmont, we drank the last 4 bottles which happened to be at place in leederville WA and the dead pony pale ale which tastes like someone opened a bag of hops and put some watery wort into it then popped it in a can

image.jpg

image.jpg

Murray's Clarence session Belgian tripel saison
It's a mouthful

image.jpg

I've takin a liken for coopers dark ale
first tasted on tap @ roches hotel during the grafton show meet
don't mind it lol

droid said:
The glass is a delmont, we drank the last 4 bottles which happened to be at place in leederville WA and the dead pony pale ale which tastes like someone opened a bag of hops and put some watery wort into it then popped it in a can
+1
Crap!

kaiju hopped out red
very tasty, someone get me outta this joint!!

image.jpg

droid said:
kaiju hopped out red
very tasty, someone get me outta this joint!!
Lol - I picked you must have gone to deja vu by those beers. Confirmation in your other thread (didn't peek, honest guv!).

Great venue, even better on wednesdays when most of the above are $6.

Temple brewing new world order american stout.
Nice stout actually but I can't say I'm a fan of the late hops here, can't quite put my finger on what they are, but they take away from a really great stout. I know they are trying to do something I've been tempted to do my self, late US hops in a stout. I'm glad I haven't done it. There is molasses and licorice and some great roast flavours that then are lost in the citrus hoppy flavour that comes over the top of them.
Worth a try, I am sure some will say that its an awesome beer. For me though a great lesson in saving those hops for IPA and APA's and keep them out of a stout.

It has inspired me to make some stout...

yum beer said:
No pictures,

Yenda Unfiltered Lager and Pale Ale.
Both very much nothing, no malt , very little hop, very short of the descriptors on the bottle.

According to their facebook page the brewers are very proud of this watery flavourless shite......good for them.
If I had brewed it, it probably would have gone on the lawn; certainly wouldn't be sharing it around.
From the makers of Coca Cola I hear.....

I'm drinking Cricketers Arms spearhead in the can from uncle Dan.

Tastes like someone squeezed a passionfruit into a bottle of 2 year old kit and kilo amber ale.

I want to spew. I'll take a pic if I do.

Was pleasantly surprised to see Dans now stock Sierra Nevada Torpedo in the big cans like they do the Pale, sooooo much fresher.

Leviathan said:
Was pleasantly surprised to see Dans now stock Sierra Nevada Torpedo in the big cans like they do the Pale, sooooo much fresher.
Good news that.

I plan on exploiting the urban myth by returning my empty can complaining that it tastes like aluminium and exchanging it for another full can.

Back