Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the new office ale. Even convinced some of the VB swillers to come over...

gallery_27971_1109_1418717.jpg

Photo to come but I'm enjoying a 2015 Stone Beer. Missed the launch this year but they're still my local brewery.

Topher said:
I'm drinking Cricketers Arms spearhead in the can from uncle Dan.

Tastes like someone squeezed a passionfruit into a bottle of 2 year old kit and kilo amber ale.

I want to spew. I'll take a pic if I do.
Ha Ha I must be warped but I like this one. Damn sight better than any kit and kilo I ever made. I am on my third case of cans but kind of prefer the bottles except there is only 24 bottles and they are bloody heavy to carry home on the bus.
Like the hops but not sure I would describe them passionfruit and do not get any citrus at all as the maker states. :blink:

P.S. tried the IPA but that is pretty mediocre IMO.

Six String tasting paddle.

Right to left is .....

Dark Red IPA

Brown Ale

Saison

Lager

WP_20150515_007.jpg

I drank countless pints of S&W's 2015 stone beer on saturday night. awesome drop. Yeah yeah quality over quantity, but quantity has a quality all of it's own. :ph34r:

I went to Mrs Parmas in the spirit of good beer week, never had such a load of pish in all my life, if a microbrewery can't make a beer, don't make it, and don't call it in a style it is nothing like.
Every one, and I tried them all was shite.

DU99 said:
In Spirit of GOOD BEER WEEK

2dre544.jpg

2llmyas.jpg
Tried that killer sprocket amber ale a while ago, bloody dark! i can't remember is i liked it or not, i just remember thinking it was very different, may have to give another one a go to refresh my memory :)

wide eyed and legless said:
I went to Mrs Parmas in the spirit of good beer week, never had such a load of pish in all my life, if a microbrewery can't make a beer, don't make it, and don't call it in a style it is nothing like.
Every one, and I tried them all was shite.
I was happy with the beers at mrs parmas 3 weeks ago, but the parmas had something to be desired.. I love that they promote victorian micros, but we need the brews to be top quality.

Liam_snorkel said:
call them out!
Mrs Parmas showcasing their brewer's favourite English beer styles along with a Pommy parma topped with Yorkshire pudding and mushy peas :- 2 Brothers Baltic Porter, too sweet, too cold, too carbonated, 3 Ravens, Bridge Road, Hargreaves Hill and Temple all put up their favourite English beer styles, ESB,Pale ales IPA's none of them tasted anything like an English beer, all too cold too carbonated and lacked any head retention, the Temple IPA was for sure an American Pale Ale with all the overpowering citrus notes going on.
I am not saying that any of these breweries couldn't come up with the styles which should have been showcased but they have all got caught up in the commercial venture of Good Beer Week, I am all in favour of any business venture to make money, but not at the expense of serving up to the punter something which is not what it is claimed to be.
If a brewery was fair dinkum about showcasing their English style they would make sure that racks were installed at the venue to place cask conditioned ales on, serve by gravity and at a more suitable temperature.I agree with Tahoose these microbreweries need to make sure that they turn out a quality beer.
Can't comment on the food, never tried it.

+1 on appropriate temperature and carbonation levels. Should be to style.

Had Hargreaves ESB before and found too much US hop aroma. If I had wanted the American pale ale I would have ordered it. Nice beer, but not an ESB.

One day I'll have my own joint and serve my beers as I like.

sounds like the venue was to blame for part of it. Just warm the beer up with your hands and knock the fizz out by tapping the glass on the table like a petulant toddler. that's what I'd do haha. They'd advertise them as real ales if they were going to get casks in...

wide eyed and legless said:
Mrs Parmas showcasing their brewer's favourite English beer styles along with a Pommy parma topped with Yorkshire pudding and mushy peas :- 2 Brothers Baltic Porter, too sweet, too cold, too carbonated, 3 Ravens, Bridge Road, Hargreaves Hill and Temple all put up their favourite English beer styles, ESB,Pale ales IPA's none of them tasted anything like an English beer, all too cold too carbonated and lacked any head retention, the Temple IPA was for sure an American Pale Ale with all the overpowering citrus notes going on.
I am not saying that any of these breweries couldn't come up with the styles which should have been showcased but they have all got caught up in the commercial venture of Good Beer Week, I am all in favour of any business venture to make money, but not at the expense of serving up to the punter something which is not what it is claimed to be.
If a brewery was fair dinkum about showcasing their English style they would make sure that racks were installed at the venue to place cask conditioned ales on, serve by gravity and at a more suitable temperature.I agree with Tahoose these microbreweries need to make sure that they turn out a quality beer.

Can't comment on the food, never tried it.
Fully agree. Have basically given up on so called English ales at pubs and micros.
The only commercial one I have had in Australia that was authentic, was at the Ballarat beer festival. It was by 7 Cent Brewery, served from a handpump, at about 12C, beautiful.
The brewery next to 7 Cent at the festival also had an English ale on tap. They asked me what I thought of theirs. I told them that is was way too cold and gassy and not English at all. I asked him if he had been to the UK and had an authentic British ale, he had not, so I told him to try the 7 Cent ale and see the difference.

Liam there is one venue which has advertised cask conditioned ale so I will be going to that one, and also one of the Brooklyn Brewery venues, I was hoping to see casks when I went into Mrs Parmas and my heart sank when I saw all the iced over taps.

Tahoose if you do ever start up in the brewing business make sure it is in a brewery/ pub combined if you get some degree of success get another pub, I did notice that was the way some of the microbreweries in the UK were doing it or if they had just the brewery they would buy a pub.

I can't complain about all the microbrewers billygoat I had a marvelous IPA through the pump at The Royal George it was by Arctic Fox though the bottled IPA's are entirely different, I do like the Holgate beers too.

Back