Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote name="wide eyed and legless" post="1286904" timestamp="

Tahoose if you do ever start up in the brewing business make sure it is in a brewery/ pub combined if you get some degree of success get another pub, I did notice that was the way some of the microbreweries in the UK were doing it or if they had just the brewery they would buy a pub.

[/quote]

That's the idea. Best not to reinvent the wheel.

Napoleone American Pale Ale Small Batch

http://aussiehomebrewer.com/blog/161/entry-497-viva-la-pale-ale/

IMG12985.JPG

Got this lot from Archive yesterday. Bigfoot & old Rasputin are 2 of my favourites.
Looking forward to trying the sculpin & deschutes beers.

image.jpg

Samuel Adams said:
Got this lot from Archive yesterday. Bigfoot & old Rasputin are 2 of my favourites.
Looking forward to trying the sculpin & deschutes beers.
Sculpin is amazing, one of the best beers I have had.

Obsidian Stout is also awesome.

Just drinking a Cricketers Arms Captains IPA for the second try not impressed price has risen from $15.95 to $18.99 and all the hops were used in the Spearhead Pale.

BYW Becks 24 bottles $34.00 at Dans special I think until 12.00 21 May.

Curiosity got the better of me and I am now drinking my first lambic. Not really what I thought it would be. Very champagnish, maybe needs a flute glass.
My overall opinion, I'm in no rush to buy another.
If treated like a champagne and sipped slowly, I can see how this can work.
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1432106854.856100.jpg

That's a fruit (cherry) lambic. I find them a bit sweet personally. I prefer oud bruins as they're a bit maltier and less sour. Flanders reds are also great but they can be too sour if you're unprepared. Once you get a taste for it, get stuck into some gueuze
Mmmmmmm

Liam_snorkel said:
That's a fruit (cherry) lambic. I find them a bit sweet personally. I prefer oud bruins as they're a bit maltier and less sour. Flanders reds are also great but they can be too sour if you're unprepared. Once you get a taste for it, get stuck into some gueuze
Mmmmmmm
Ok, I'll give those ones a go, when I'm prepared...

As last post was mine too, I don't usually buy beer this often but I can't resist sharing my fave Australian beer, and local too.
Last time I had this I bought a growler, end result was not so good....
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1432273431.477360.jpg

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1432396119.930157.jpg
Fischer Grande Biere. Only 1.65 euros 66cl bottle 6% abv. Had enough champagne here in Champagne so trying some local brews.
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1432396554.766410.jpggoes well with these amped up twisties!

Hop Thief 7....
A mate said it was disappointing,

he was right.

forbidden fruit, been 10 years since I had one, I was more excited about it back then but still tasty

Drinking a stout

Harviestoun - Ola Dubh

8% and aged in scotch whiskey casks. Pretty nice!!

Looks like it should be nasty hobo beer but actually it has a good malt depth, very rich bready aroma with heaps of hop and a good head. At 8.6 % ABV it's also lethal. I may have posted this last year but I'm too pissed to remember.

Ingredients are a surprise, I was expecting syrups etc but this is AG... Malt and Wheat, real hops (not hopfenextract etc).

Currently only $5.50 a tin from Liquorstax outlets. Drunk for fifteen bucks, dead drunk for twenty bucks, dead for fifty bucks.

8.6.jpg

Bribie G said:
Looks like it should be nasty hobo beer but actually it has a good malt depth, very rich bready aroma with heaps of hop and a good head. At 8.6 % ABV it's also lethal. I may have posted this last year but I'm too pissed to remember.

Ingredients are a surprise, I was expecting syrups etc but this is AG... Malt and Wheat, real hops (not hopfenextract etc).

Currently only $5.50 a tin from Liquorstax outlets. Drunk for fifteen bucks, dead drunk for twenty bucks, dead for fifty bucks.
Never seen that one before anywhere.

I used to love a few cans of Carlsberg Special Brew when I was younger or when visiting Singapore or Malaysia hit the 7 Eleven store fridge.

Tropical_Brews said:
Never seen that one before anywhere.

I used to love a few cans of Carlsberg Special Brew when I was younger or when visiting Singapore or Malaysia hit the 7 Eleven store fridge.
A few Liquorstax seem to have popped up in Townsville, but nothing further North unfortunately.

They are huge in NSW where they are a "third force" against Woolies and Coles, and directly import a heap of stuff from Bavaria Brewery in the Netherlands like Bavaria, Hooten, Claro, 8.6 etc etc.

chanced upon this

at the Yarragon ale house, I bought 12 vessels ranging from 330ml to 640. mostly 330's though and it cost $122 but like I said to the mrs I think the last time I went there was 2 or 3 years ago

this is some tasty stuff

Back