Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't resist a bargain bought 96 bottles of Southern Harvest (not out of date either) glad to see the back of them, not only did they ruin my palate but with 700 mm bottles at 6.7% the feeling while drinking them was " I think I can manage just 1 more". Pigs Arse you can.

You bough 8 cases? Now that's dedication.

Drunk snorkel brought these home from the pub last night. Thanks me! Starting with the porter, it's lovely.

image.jpg

northside novice said:
heres some of last Friday nights highlights from the brasserie de hogshead ....

Rodenbach Caractère Rouge

COMMERCIAL DESCRIPTION
The brewer allow the beer to macerate with fresh cherries, raspberries and cranberries. After this maceration in oak, the beer re-ferments in the bottle. The result is RODENBACH Caractère Rouge, an exceptional RODENBACH with fruit maceration and a 7% alcohol volume. The brew is more than unique and extremely exclusive, as only 900 75-cl bottles were produced. Geunes serves this wilful beer as part of his other unique range of beer varieties in his restaurant, ’t Zilte, at the Antwerp MAS museum.

words cannot describe, left a mouthfeel of just eating fresh ripe fruits, just amazing .

Haandbryggeriet Blåbic
COMMERCIAL DESCRIPTION
Sour Ale with blueberries

attachicon.gif
image.jpg
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
And an endless glass full of perrys finest hb cheers mate wicked night ! That apricot brew was delish
I want. Mainly Rodenbach.

20130914_173426.jpg

LCBA . Perfect for a day of finals. 2 from 2 in to the GF. Great day.

Drinking a Rogue Dads Little Helper while me and the little girl watch the ABs SMASH the dirty Saffas! Cheers all! MMMM Roasty!

4 Pines Kellerdoor El Dorado IPA

The "delightful" combination of onion, cabbage and boiled lolly.

Just poured 2/3rds of it down the sink...

Not a fan of el dorado then.

Had it on tap a month or so ago. To me it tasted like melons and skunky yank hops, and was a really tasty beer. Maybe you got a dud?

Commercial 1.JPG

Brewcult Acid freaks (Balsamic Porter) - Scary to read that it has Balsamic Vinegar in it but is really just a hint, quite a nice drop if you can find it. Not disributed in Vic I dont believe.

Brewcult Hop Zone - Big Galaxy and NS brew, a tad harsh to my taste but if you want a Galaxy hit... this aint a bad example

Ballast Point Big Eye IPA - BOOM!! Frikking nice beer, well rounded, god knows what the IBU's are on it but I suspect in the 70's didnt taste like a 7% beer... I'd lave to have a 6er of these laying about the joint for such times I want a commercial beer.

Commercial 2.JPG

Looking forward to trying this one tonight

Both the BP and the Dundee I got from the Woolies bottleo.. they are really picking up the game.

You'll probably find the dundee a disappointment after the Ballast point.

From memory it's not terrible (been a while since I tried it) but not a super drop either. BPs I've had (IPA, Porter) have been great though.

Yeah, Big Eye is the best value beer Uncle Dan carries. Freshness can vary significantly but even the duds are better than most of the beers they sell.

I agree. For a 7% beer bursting with IBU's and hop aroma it is good value. At about $19 for a six pack, it is a winner.

Bum, I bought a "six pack" but one of the beers has a use by date of 10/13 and the others were 8/14. I'll do a side by side and see what the significance is.

I feel like I'm not being hipster enough sitting here with my second Hop Hog for the night.

But then I remember I bought it at the BWS across from the train station because after 3 months of no brewing, sometimes you just need a fcking beer on a Monday night.

Back