Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't realise this is bottle conditioned. Oops.
Smells like a brownie.
Tastes very light chocolate and c hop, which is like a raw nerve for me. Decent drop, not my thing

Ed also a bit like sports deodorant.
Ed II - The malt profile as it warms and I acclimatise to the hops is actually really quite nice, great body, hidden alc. Well brewed.

20130925_201449.jpg

Bought a Warka Strong tonight to try, it's from the Zywiec stable and it is perfectly balanced at 7%, not a morning drink but an end of session drink, with a nice warm afterglow. Going to get some more tomorrow, apparently they advertise it on the Polish TV show
"So you think you can drink".

Picked up a four pines esb and a kölsch from bws, kölsch is kinda meh. Not a hair taken off say, a sumner.

Esb, bloody nice. Maybe I'm partial to drier but with that hop taste and toffee hints.

IMAG0787.jpg
birthday beers from last night still got the sill saison and the tripple left for the weekend :beerbang:

Don't get too Silly or someone will wear a chair ;)

^ Heavily angled towards the father's day market (I got one), but still a nice beer

Just enjoying my first Holgate Road Trip IPA and I must say, bloody amazing! Now to convince the missus to drive me up the road to pick up another couple of bottles before they sell out.

IMAG0171_BURST001.jpg

At BWS too now? I know purple palate greenslopes stocks it along with some other good stuff.

View attachment 65166

IIPA 9.6%

thick pungent aroma , thick creamy mouth feel, bitter flavour (der really?), piney above all with fruitiness around, sticky caramel malt in the background. not as crazy as you might think but yes it is pretty freakin crazy , tounge numbing stuff. must try for all you hop monsters. reminds me of a nogno 500 . or just eat an ounce of yobs best :icon_drool2:

Liam_snorkel said:
At BWS too now? I know purple palate greenslopes stocks it along with some other good stuff.

hmmm, maybe it was purple palate. Next to IGA?

northside novice said:
attachicon.gif
image.jpg

IIPA 9.6%

thick pungent aroma , thick creamy mouth feel, bitter flavour (der really?), piney above all with fruitiness around, sticky caramel malt in the background. not as crazy as you might think but yes it is pretty freakin crazy , tounge numbing stuff. must try for all you hop monsters. reminds me of a nogno 500 . or just eat an ounce of yobs best :icon_drool2:
I found that Nonge O's 500, while intense, is way more balanced than that guy. 1000IBU really isn't far off chewing a hop pellet.

i agree mate , . I think the 100 is pretty much perfection for these styles , elegant in comparison . And leaves alot if not all in its wake .
I did expect the 1000 to be a lot more harsher and undrinkable so I was pleasantly surprised and would buy again . Would I buy instead of the 100 ? Fark ... you know me , i would just buy both :p

northside novice said:
Would I buy instead of the 100 ? Fark ... you know me , i would just buy both :p
Ha! Yeah, you're a bit of a prick like that.

100 is in my top ten. Easy.

If I recall correctly, my impression of 1000IBU at the time was that it wasn't as harsh as I expected (so I'm even with you there) but I wouldn't buy it again. Don't regret getting it in the first place though - wondering is worse than knowing.

Back