Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mje1980 said:
Super smooth, nice and dry, with only small hints of spiciness at the end, very very subtle. Almost, almost a faint wine like flavour/aroma at the end. Doesn't seem to have as much earthiness as trois monts, but like trois monts is a super smooth dry ale with the slightest of slight hints of Belgiany spiciness and ester. I really like this beer. It wasn't cheap though, much more expensive than trois monts, which I can get at first choice. Would be the only reason I'd choose trois monts over this though. I paid almost 30 bucks for this, compared to 12 or so for trois monts.
If you didn't know this was 8%ish you'd get pissed very quickly, as there is no alcohol warming, and it drinks like a 5%er.
^ pretty much. Such a delicious beer. It could be that I've just begun a 4 day weekend, or that my local bottleo stocks it and is selling it for $17, or that they keep the cold ones next to the VB tallies, but I'm in my happy place.

l6wJIer.jpg

I didn't think the OR was that great? a nice tipple for sure , on a par with leffe blonde. had a mass produce feel to it I thought .
.image.jpg

Good out of the stubbie ! Bloody luberly , $17 a four pack ,6.4% , adds another level to this lucky country , and us lucky buggars :)

Saison de dottingnes

Started this on the back of a ballast point ipa. These continental saisons have a decent hop bite to them! Could feel this one when it was cold.

Beautiful malt and spiciness came through as it warmed up. Really liked it. That dry but funk spicy taste and feeling that doesn't linger too long. Perfect. Will pick up a sixer next time.

Also picked up from bws a bottle of kraken :D

The monster beneath. What say winkle.

practicalfool said:
Saison de dottingnes

Started this on the back of a ballast point ipa. These continental saisons have a decent hop bite to them! Could feel this one when it was cold.

Beautiful malt and spiciness came through as it warmed up. Really liked it. That dry but funk spicy taste and feeling that doesn't linger too long. Perfect. Will pick up a sixer next time.
I am a fan of this beer. Where did you get it (independent or chain)?

northside novice said:
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
attachicon.gif
image.jpg

Can really get the barrel flavour , almost a bit too much . Very yummy thickly mouth feel though mmmmm :)
Had that at the brewery (not sure if it's the same batch) and thought something was broken. Have been put off their beers a bit - like their experimental bent but only when there's well made beer beneath it. I think they rely too much on being wacky and don't focus enough on good brewing. that said, maybe I need to try a few again - it's been a while.

**** axe you pretty much got a hole in one mate !
These guys are very hit n miss . I have found that their bigger beers are just that but the more main streamer items are crud .

image.jpg
It's 3 months in the hand round ere tonight :)
Isn't that how the frogs drink it ?
It's all it's worth , shit , bloody hell , book me in ;)

northside novice said:
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
It's 3 months in the hand round ere tonight :)
Isn't that how the frogs drink it ?
It's all it's worth , shit , bloody hell , book me in ;)
I don't always understand what you mean but I like your taste in beer.

20131004_2218361.jpg

I enjoy the Spaten more than the Hoffbrau, which is not surprising.

I love Octoberfest. Everyone goes to great lengths to get their beer to the consumer quickly; so it is premier time for fresh lager.

I am experiencing great difficulties typing and spelling.

ED: to the point I wanted to use a semicolon and misplaced it within a sentence that should have been two.

My GF bought me a tallie of Racer 5, which I did not manage to get through... lounge became terminally comfortable. I even considered drinking the leftovers in the glass this morning, it smells so damn good.

IMAG0823 (1).jpg I have not been a massive fan of murray's beers until I tried this nice smooth chocolate malt taste hides the 9.6% very well. I would happily sit down to a session on this and crawl to bed

IMAG0820.jpg this beer is awesome dry and spicy great for the hot weather. I need to brew something like this

Back