Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bum said:
The 2009 is very nice. Not as good as Grand Cru but still tremendously good.

What is your wild brewing adventure? My understanding is that Australian wild yeasts are generally considered pretty awful for beer. I hope you're grabbing a commercial strain of a known variety (if we can still call that "wild").
Oh yeah I love Rhodenbach (cant spell it but love it) so thought I'd try the vintage to see what comes out of a single barrel.

I'm just starting with some Brett brux in a Belgian and I'm going to finally do a Berliner Weiss. It's like another realm of brewing and I'm pretty excited to get into it.
Sorry for the off topic.

bum said:
The 2009 is very nice. Not as good as Grand Cru but still tremendously good.

What is your wild brewing adventure? My understanding is that Australian wild yeasts are generally considered pretty awful for beer. I hope you're grabbing a commercial strain of a known variety (if we can still call that "wild").
In a rare example of backing up Bum (ummm, is that screenshot thread still around?) on an on-topic point, I agree wholeheartedly with the above.

Coronado Frogs breath IPA. Good times! This would be a treat in proper Summer weather. It is holding up on a miserable evening in any case and I want more..... Work function tomorrow drinking with mongrels is enough of a reason to say no to more... for now!

Ladies and gentlemen, we can finally, as a country, hold our heads high and proclaim to the rest of the world, "We can brew a great sour beer".

20131011_194905.jpg

Haven't been too keen on the Two Metre Tall beers before, but this is fantastic!

Had a couple tonight. No pics.

Moylan's Tipperary Ale. Had it before in the bottle and it was very nice but it was great on tap. First beer of their's I've ever seen on tap, I think. Should be more of it.

Calavier Marzen - nice beer. Not amazing but could sit on it all night without complaint. Threw some funny esters as it warmed.

Dainton Red-Eye Rye - probably the worst beer I've ever had that wasn't blatantly broken. Really poorly conceived beer.

Brew Cult Hop Zone IPA - the aroma was passionfruit for days but tastes pretty awful. Someone turned a glue factory into a brewery.

Requiem Pilsner - meh. Clean and inoffensive. That's about it.

Cavalier Brown - was nice enough but wasn't feeling it. Strongly suspect I would have enjoyed it more earlier in the evening.

image.jpg

Especially German , fark , please try a German bock , this one in particular .
It's farking goody good good man .

Good
7% n sexy bottle o capitan

Is that an Aldi deal northside, I got a 6'er of their pilsener, wasn't very impressed. Can probably reuse the bottle.

Duvel. Building up a supply of corked bottles so I can fill them with Belgian beers, and what better way than to drink some 750ml Belgians ?? I suppose I could buy a heap of cheap sparkling wine aka passion pop but this way is much more enjoyable!

naiE8Ov.jpg

Feral Hop Hog. Decided to see what all the fuss was about.... Found out that it is hoppy! Not as bitter or smelly as I thought it was going to be seems like a heap of late additions as it has a lot of flavor.

Will definitely drink the rest but 17 bucks for 4 beers.....

JJJ

Sierra Nevada Hoptimum. My first time trying this actually... Not bad, not bad at all.

2013-10-12 20.41.33 res.jpg

JoeyJoeJoe said:
naiE8Ov.jpg

Feral Hop Hog. Decided to see what all the fuss was about.... Found out that it is hoppy! Not as bitter or smelly as I thought it was going to be seems like a heap of late additions as it has a lot of flavor.

Will definitely drink the rest but 17 bucks for 4 beers.....

Is cheap, welcome to the world of craft beer...

Clancy's Freo has Schlenkerla Marzen on tap, had a couple last night. Also Clown Shoes Hoppy Red Lager at the Norfolk.
Yum on both counts.

I have never seen that available, but I have seen the graphics before and I think it is probably the coolest beer label I have ever seen.

saison-cat-700.jpg

In Belgium I drank and photographed theseView attachment 65552View attachment 65553

And also had a Rodenbach Charactere Rouge, no photo.

All very fantastic.

Rouge is lightly tarty/sour, heaps of tart,red berries, light/soft carbonation and a light vanilla oakiness too.

Great beers!

And then....

For this evenings entertainment, a lovely tarty Grand Cru whilst creating a beef stew.

Then the sweetly spicy Tremens. The carbonation on this is pretty intense (admittedly at room temp), too much IMO, still good though.

And to finish, Karmeliet Tripel. Sweet spice, honey and bready, again with a high carbonation, although not as high as the Tremens.

Last full day in Belgium tomorrow, sad face emoticon. Cambrinus for dinner though. ..good stuff !!

Back to UK for 3 weeks on Friday. CAMRA !!!!!

More to follow, love you xx

PS. My liver hurts !

Back