Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apologies for the drunken display of affection above...strong alcohol will do that to me.

I like you as a friend, but nothing more...sorry.

008 - Copy.JPG

Oh ****, are they kidding.
All the money and resources and this is what they put out
Thank god I didn't buy a sixer.

20131018_211934.jpg

Ok, mixed feelings, gf cleaned the IPAs out of the fridge, but I got to come home to this surprise.

It's delicate and sherbettey with banana lolly once the initial spritzy acid expedience fades. Lovely ans very approachable.

yum beer said:
attachicon.gif
008 - Copy.JPG

Oh ****, are they kidding.
All the money and resources and this is what they put out
Thank god I didn't buy a sixer.
That bad huh?
I found it to be clean, fresh and flavoursome. A sessionable mid strength for the coming summer

Diff'rent strokes i guess

Bye bye, Belgium. It's been fantastic.

In no particular order, here's a few farewell bar-crawl beers.

And I'm glad I found a couple of Westveleteren 12 to take back. I've been dying to try it.

I'll devote an evening to one in the near future, I think.

Tomorrow the CAMRA sessions begin....

http://0.tqn.com/d/goindia/1/0/H/T/-/-/3294675932_680ce14b94_b.jpg

Had this recommended to me last night at a bar in town. A bit like glue flavoured beer mixed with acetone. Horrendous. Do not touch. Had to switch to Pacifico Cerveza, a mexican beer that tasted like corona mixed with beer that wasn't left in the sun.

Then some Balkan beers that were much nicer - basically reasonably made bready lagers with long names I can't remember while I ate really expensive Eastern European food that made me hanker to return to Koliba (now taste of Europe). The hipsters ruin everything.

http://static.wixstatic.com/media/8b9adc_a2f06cfac63d7cd2f8768350a854843b.jpg_srz_531_236_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

I saw JS Hop Thief on tap last night at the end of a sesh so I thought I'd give it a nudge.

Wasn't expecting much but it actually smelled pretty great up front and that seemed to translate fairly well into the flavour at first. But things went south very quickly - I've never had a beer turn mean on me so quickly. By the end of the first 1/3 of the glass I literally swapped it for the last 1/4 of someone else's WR Dark Ale. They made me swap back the last mouthful of the WR for the remaining half glass of the JS. Never have I had a beer that was so much work to finish. Not infected. Just really shit. Specifics on its shitfulness escape me - was a pretty big night.

Weird. It's been supremely enjoyable the last couple of times I've had it. I am an idiot with no taste though.

^ I agree but there may be some bias there. It is a cracking spring day here in Nu Zeelund. I have had a Firestone Walker Double Jack and this beer from a brewery I have never heard of called Clown Shoes. The beer in question is called Tramp Stamp and is a reasonable attempt at a belgio-american ipa. Nothing may ever top GF Le Freak for me in this category but this comes close.

More to be consumed when the ABs game is on.

Oh alright then, Shmaltz brewing Hebrew Lenny's RYEPA. I think I found the next greatest thing since hanukkah! My mouth is on a journey of discovery right now. BOOM!

Liam_snorkel said:
Weird. It's been supremely enjoyable the last couple of times I've had it. I am an idiot with no taste though.
Maybe filthy lines? Wasn't a venue known for its taps. Totally happy to accept this was caused by some external factor because I can't really accept that JS would put out such an awful beer. Bland? Sure but never offensive.

cliffo said:
attachicon.gif
12546-1.jpg

On a short break to Port Macquarie and ducked into the local Dan's.

They are selling 24x 500ml Budvar cans for $48.

Not sure if it is all Dan's store but at that price I couldn't pass it up.
Haven't tried the 500ml cans of Budvar. Any difference to how the bottled version tastes?

Seems fresher in the can but I guess it depends how the bottled variety have been stored

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

bum said:
Maybe filthy lines? Wasn't a venue known for its taps. Totally happy to accept this was caused by some external factor because I can't really accept that JS would put out such an awful beer. Bland? Sure but never offensive.
I wondered about the lines last time I was at the JS brewpub in melbs (portland hotel??) I had the Scottish ale and it tasted like the glass was made out of 2 cent coins. Old dirty ones.

stillinrehab said:
Oh alright then, Shmaltz brewing Hebrew Lenny's RYEPA. I think I found the next greatest thing since hanukkah! My mouth is on a journey of discovery right now. BOOM!
I got to drink it on draught by the pint in Japan last year for loose change, it was absolutely sensational. I did get wobbly.

Here's a few from a rainy pub crawl around Lancaster, UK.

Most of the beers were under 4 %, so they don't get on top of you so quickly, but still crammed with great toasty, nutty, caramely malt flavour.

A few were more hop focused.

The best being the Dogfish Head / Wells Young collaboration. This was a nice, surprising find at the end of the evening.
It's brewed using a DFH 60 minute IPA reduction apparently. It has a light, toasty malt flavour and big citrus hoppiness. Really nice beer.

Beer engines rule !!

Back