Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maldridge said:
I've had a few of those 3 horses Batz. They are pretty cheap down at my local and I don't mind them for a day session in the sun.
Yes is was only $5.00 for a 500ml can. After a hot days work clearing lantana I imagine it would go down ok.

Had this among others from Craft in Red Hill. Very nice!

BTW these glasses are available at Myers and DJs $30 for a pair.

image.jpg

bum said:
Dainton Red-Eye Rye - probably the worst beer I've ever had that wasn't blatantly broken. Really poorly conceived beer.
F.ck! If only I'd recalled this a couple of hours ago before wasting dollars on it at (non-cheap-ass-Thursday) DeJa Vu tonight.

northside novice said:
Between all the some things , a champion went Belgium and a newbie found Belgium .. But at least the biggest possum is still alive x allude to be killing my earth k
As if you look on Botswana the chance of time aloud is desiring to
Beer is hallucinogenic in many ways.

I think NN may be sending encrypted messages via this forum to the Soviets...

Rodenbach Limited Edition Barrel 145 oak aged 2009 vintage

Complex...... yes

Yummy........ YES

smells kinda like christmas plum pudding with cinimon, alspice and brandy, sweet oak, toffee and a hint of something tart and funky to make you think.
Tastes sweet and sour. Initial sweet dark fruits quickly cut by tart acidic sourness in perfect ballance. Tartness lightens the mouthfeel and leaves your mouth feeling like you just bit into a lime wedge. slight chalky acidic teeth and an instant hankering for another sip!

Its so black and white. Big sweet malty puddingish beer made light and fluffy with acidic sourness. There is a lot going on in this beer.

10 points old chap! One of the most amazing beers i have tried!

Ballast point IPA:

Bought from a supermarket bottleshop. Loads of hop flavour and up front bitterness. Would prefer more in the malt department personally but nothing i'm about to fault.

Feral golden ace (same supermarket): pours really cloudy and smells like off milk and yeast. Tastes like my hydrometer samples sometimes do - some promise for the future, wouldn't want a glass of it. Touch of biscuit, citrus and old sock.

Not sure what's going on but sure it's going down the sink.

Hawkeshead Brewery beer festival, Stavely, UK.

4 bars, 20 ish beer engines per bar...my God !!

Stand-outs were Doghouse Pale and Shameless IPA...so much smooth, full bodied, malty flavour with hugely fruity hops to balance.

Little man liked the Marris Otter-themed playground facilities.

And the weather didn't disappoint either. Must've put down 30mm of rain in 15mins at one point !

This holiday is going to kill me...I think my blood needs cleaning. Stupid, lazy renal system...

Is it wrong that all those beer engines have got me just a little horny....

No photo, sorry folks.

Sampled the White Rabbit + Time Out "Kinda Dark Ale" at a popup bar in World Square Sydney on Friday.

It's the White Rabbit Dark Ale without the crystal and dark malts, and with a Citra dry hop. It wasn't too bad, a little bland perhaps, but a nice fresh hop hit.

Also had some Rocks Brewing Co Convictions for good measure ;)

Drinking this while I contemplate (read...procrastinate) getting on the brush cutter for a while.
moondog.jpg
On their ingredients list under yeast they need to add Brettanomyeces. I went onto rate beer to see other peoples opinions....... I must have got a dud.....Or people are just blinded by what this kooky brewery are trying to do? Small amount of hop and a lot of brett on the nose and a slightly acidic and medicinal taste which walks over anything in the malt and hop department on the palette.
Down the sink with you.

jlm said:
Drinking this while I contemplate (read...procrastinate) getting on the brush cutter for a while.
attachicon.gif
moondog.jpg
On their ingredients list under yeast they need to add Brettanomyeces. I went onto rate beer to see other peoples opinions....... I must have got a dud.....Or people are just blinded by what this kooky brewery are trying to do? Small amount of hop and a lot of brett on the nose and a slightly acidic and medicinal taste which walks over anything in the malt and hop department on the palette.
Down the sink with you.
Serves you right, you should be out there working and collecting eggs
LB

I don't know if it's the handling, bought it from Uncle Dans, but this is very close to the worst beer I have ever had. Took it to Rainbow Beach for something special as well. :wacko:

van 001.JPG

Samuel Adams said:
Bummer, at least you can reuse the bottle Batz
That I will Samuel, and the content will be much better. ;)

Latest posts

Back