Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batz said:
I don't know if it's the handling, bought it from Uncle Dans, but this is very close to the worst beer I have ever had. Took it to Rainbow Beach for something special as well. :wacko:
Saw this not long ago and almost bought it. Glad I didn't now. What made it so bad?

kalbarluke said:
Saw this not long ago and almost bought it. Glad I didn't now. What made it so bad?

Taste really, like a very badly brewed home brew, perhaps a Y.P. ?

I had these two bad boys last night. Sploosh.

Delicious.

Re: the 8 wired, I was bummed that the bottlo was out of superconductor (my fav) but I'm cool with it now because the hop wired is just as good.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382865635.145119.jpg

Edit: spellfu

mje1980 said:
In my defence, I am in cairns, and on lifeguard duty. Goes great in the humid weather. I downed a few on the boat back from a low isles reef trip. Sea sick?, what's that?. I'll probably be terribly sick on our trip to the real reef now haha
I know its off topic and I know you said boat, but I have very fond memories of champagne and the breeze sweeping off the hills as I sailed up the inlet. Sailing out to and back from the islands is a must. On one trip I watched a sea eagle try and take a Spanish mackerel I got while trolling . Still got to eat it, complete with claw marks. Wrapped it in tin foil and added coconut cream and fresh mango and cooked it on coals while washing the sails. Ahh. Good times.

1012720_10151965363244400_608248971_n.jpg

Saw it at Aldi for under $2 a bottle and had to try it...wish I went and got a VB instead :icon_vomit:

Tasted like it needed to be left in the fermenter for another week or so but what do you expect for 0%

I had these two bad boys last night. Sploosh. Delicious.Re: the 8 wired, I was bummed that the bottlo was out of superconductor (my fav) but I'm cool with it now because the hop wired is just as good.{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382865635.145119.jpgEdit: spellfu

I had a pint of hopwired on tap on Saturday. Absolutely delicious.

djar007 said:
I know its off topic and I know you said boat, but I have very fond memories of champagne and the breeze sweeping off the hills as I sailed up the inlet. Sailing out to and back from the islands is a must. On one trip I watched a sea eagle try and take a Spanish mackerel I got while trolling . Still got to eat it, complete with claw marks. Wrapped it in tin foil and added coconut cream and fresh mango and cooked it on coals while washing the sails. Ahh. Good times.
It's very beautiful up there definately. I'm back home to reality now. Sucks!!

manticle said:
Feral golden ace (same supermarket): pours really cloudy and smells like off milk and yeast. Tastes like my hydrometer samples sometimes do - some promise for the future, wouldn't want a glass of it. Touch of biscuit, citrus and old sock.

Not sure what's going on but sure it's going down the sink.
Sounds like you might have got a bad one... I tried it for the first time the other week, loved it and wouldn't have described it as milk or sock in any way...

I think I definitely got a bad one. Enjoyed hop hog and their sorachi one off tap and I can't imagine this was how they intended their beer to taste.

manticle said:
Ballast point IPA:

Bought from a supermarket bottleshop. Loads of hop flavour and up front bitterness. Would prefer more in the malt department personally but nothing i'm about to fault.
I see Dan's have upped the price of Bigeye to $73.00 a case :blink: Not sure whether it is the state of the dollar or maybe it became too popular. Damn it is my favourite IPA but not very often at that price.

Liquor Stax NSW get in some interesting parallel imports such as Hooten from the Netherlands and a couple of old favourites like Bavaria also from the NL that Coles dumped then Liquor Stax took over the import.

Bavaria (and Hollandia its cheaper stablemate) are made at a big independent in Lieshout, the biggest Dutch brewery you never heard of, but they supply a huge supermarket trade in Europe (and a bit here)

Was in Liquor Stax round the corner and the lassie handed me a freebie of their new Lander Brau Weissbeer [sic]

Not a huge wheaty fan but I gave it a slurp:

Lander Brau.jpg

Looks and smells the deal, very nicely hopped and a bready smoothness. Don't mind it.

$40 a slab, why not.

Rodenbach grand cru. First time. Very hard to describe all the aromas and flavours. Just very very very nice. Nicely sour.

A couple of fairly well known IPAs and an obscure one from Scottish brewery, Inveralmond, tonight.

Nice, nutty, chocolatey malt combined with slightly spicy hopping. Uses Challenger, Fuggles and (surprisingly) Cascade. Very nice.

I just drank the bomber of Racer 5 that has been sitting in the fridge for a couple of weeks.

Apparently we will be cut off soon like drunkards at closing. Apparently there are supply vs demand issues and Aus loses.

Boon kriek. Damn is all I can say. Not as sour or as complex as rodenbach grand cru, but beautiful. I think I may now be a lost cause

Pokey said:
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
1 of the few beers available on a recent work trip.
Tasted pretty good at the end of a hot day.
Poor bugger. Last time I had that was 20 years ago in Rabaul. Even after working all day in volcanic ash as an 18 year old that stuff was pretty rough. The export was (marginally) better.

kalbarluke said:
Poor bugger. Last time I had that was 20 years ago in Rabaul. Even after working all day in volcanic ash as an 18 year old that stuff was pretty rough. The export was (marginally) better.
Maybe they had spent less time in the sun in Port Moresby, they would definitely give VB a run for their money.

Gav80 said:
Holy shit, what a ride!
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
Would kill myself a few times for one of these.
I seem to buy one everytime they are available at 'The Scratch' in QLD.

One of my favourite set of lambics/gueuze.

Latest posts

Back